GWT not associated with Morfik

Bret Taylor

May 18, 2006, 1:45:39 PM5/18/06
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Morfik seems like great technology, but Google Web Toolkit is in no
way associated with Morfik or based on its technology.

There have been some rumors circulating on this list that have been
causing some confusion, and I wanted to clarify.

Thanks,
Bret Taylor
Product Manager, Google Web Toolkit

BillyG

May 18, 2006, 2:41:59 PM5/18/06
to Google Web Toolkit
I read elsewhere earlier today that ya'll might buy them, they do have
some sweet RIA technology, we'll see. Thx for you and your team's work.

Josson Smith

May 18, 2006, 2:53:40 PM5/18/06
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
I DID believe that by reusing Eclipse JDT Core Compiler GWT will do the
job of converting Java to JavaScript.

And I guessed that GWT team is mainly extending the ability of Eclipse
JDT Compiler outside Eclipse workbench. In order to convert Java to
JavaScript, JDT Compiler needs to knows all the AST nodes' binding
information. So GWT teams did some jobs on wrapping the Java project,
which is outside Eclipse workbench, into data structures (Only only
sources but lots of other environments, things that's similar the
Eclipse Java project) that JDT Core Compiler accepts. So at last JDT
Compiler can parse the Java project with AST ndoes' binding
informations, and then there was some AST visitors that convert AST
nodes into JavaScript sources.

I was guessing as no GWT sources.

By the way, is the group a place to exchange Java to JavaScript
technology? Or will GWT team developer discuss technology detail over
this group?

/js

Mikey

May 20, 2006, 6:52:15 PM5/20/06