Shell freezes after javascript error....

Dominik Erbsland

Mar 24, 2007, 12:17:34 PM3/24/07
to Google Web Toolkit
I have a GWT application. After logging in and passing around a "Tabs"
object I get an error message, the GWT shell crashes and freezes. all
I can do is to close the shell with the taskmanager.

I can't copy/paste the error in here since the shell freezes
immediately. I made a screenshot of it, though. Does anyone know what
this might cause the error?

here is the screenshot:
http://www.e-nature.ch/error.jpg

thanks for any help in advance.

Sandy McArthur

Mar 24, 2007, 2:52:43 PM3/24/07
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Are you running IE7? It's JavaScript engine or something changed
behavior in an incompatible and undocumented way. The GWT team is
working on a workaround.

http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Web-Toolkit-Contributors/browse_frm/thread/cb12b4793480dcf6/00a5dee3368c3861?#00a5dee3368c3861

--
Sandy McArthur

- Thomas Paine

Dominik Erbsland

Mar 24, 2007, 3:17:38 PM3/24/07
to Google Web Toolkit
yes I use IE7. thanks for the hint with the patch file.
but how exactly can I apply this patch?

On Mar 24, 7:52 pm, "Sandy McArthur" <sandy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are you running IE7? It's JavaScript engine or something changed
> behavior in an incompatible and undocumented way. The GWT team is
> working on a workaround.
>

> http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Web-Toolkit-Contributors/browse...

Brill

Mar 24, 2007, 4:48:59 PM3/24/07
to Google Web Toolkit
Had the same impossible error.

I found that just changing the output from OBF to PRETTY allowed me to
work around it.
strange but true.

- Brill Pappin

Dominik Erbsland

Mar 24, 2007, 4:51:19 PM3/24/07
to Google Web Toolkit
Thanks, Brill.
Please help me out, where can I change OBF to PRETTY?
Thank you :)

Reinier Zwitserloot

Mar 24, 2007, 11:03:43 PM3/24/07
to Google Web Toolkit
on the command line (or check the 'command line' in the eclipse run
target), add -style PRETTY
e.g:

./MyProject-compile -style PRETTY

Dominik Erbsland

Mar 25, 2007, 4:08:18 AM3/25/07
to Google Web Toolkit
thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I still get a crash and freeze when
using SHELL mode.
is there any other fix?

And I still have not found out how to apply a patch to GWT. How can I
do this?

Thanks again.

Brill

Mar 25, 2007, 12:42:08 PM3/25/07
to Google Web Toolkit
Check out the source, and apply your patch to it... then rebuild and
use your new version.

- Brill