GWT 1.4.61 released

Sumit Chandel

Dec 11, 2007, 10:06:39 PM12/11/07
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi everyone,

The GWT Team has just released GWT 1.4.61, which takes care of some
minor bugs in the previous release of GWT 1.4.60. The two main issues
that were addressed are detailed below:

* Fixed an "Operation Aborted" startup error on IE with complex HTML
pages. Details on this issue can be found in issue #1578 on the Issue
Tracker (http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?
id=1578).

* Fixed a potential XSS vulnerability in hosted mode.

We strongly suggest that you update to GWT 1.4.61 so that your GWT
applications are running with the latest build. To update from GWT
1.4.60 to GWT 1.4.61, follow the steps below for each GWT application
you want to update:

1) Download GWT 1.4.61 for your platform at the link below and unpack
it to the directory of your choice (only needs to be performed once
per platform):

http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

2) Update your GWT project build path to use the latest GWT JARs. This
includes gwt-user.jar, gwt-dev-<platform>.jar and gwt-servlet.jar if
your application uses GWT-RPC.

3) Update any run configurations or application compile and shell
scripts to include the latest JARs in the classpath (same JARs as
mentioned in step 2).

4) Run a GWT compilation over your project to generate the latest GWT
application files for your project.

5) Deploy the latest GWT application files to your web server.

If you're instead upgrading from GWT 1.3 to GWT 1.4, follow the steps
listed in this FAQ article:
http://code.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=75278&topic=12430

For those of you who have experienced the bugs that GWT 1.4.61 aims to
fix, give the latest build a spin and let us know if you're still
experiencing any problems. Also, please reply back to this thread if
you experience any other difficulty updating to GWT 1.4.61 or
deploying your GWT application with the latest release.

Cheers,
-Sumit Chandel

eggsy84

Dec 12, 2007, 4:35:53 AM12/12/07
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi Sumit

Does this release include the Leopard fix? Or do we need to download
the specific Leopard build?

Thanks

Eric Ayers

Dec 12, 2007, 9:22:06 AM12/12/07
to Google Web Toolkit
There is still a separate leopard build. See this FAQ entry:

http://code.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=81865&topic=13006

On Dec 12, 4:35 am, eggsy84 <jimbob...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sumit
>
> Does this release include the Leopard fix? Or do we need to download
> the specific Leopard build?
>
> Thanks
>
> On Dec 12, 3:06 am, Sumit Chandel <sumitchan...@google.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
>
> > The GWT Team has just released GWT1.4.61, which takes care of some
> > minor bugs in the previous release of GWT 1.4.60. The two main issues
> > that were addressed are detailed below:
>
> > * Fixed an "Operation Aborted" startup error on IE with complex HTML
> > pages. Details on this issue can be found in issue #1578 on the Issue
> > Tracker (http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?
> > id=1578).
>
> > * Fixed a potential XSS vulnerability in hosted mode.
>
> > We strongly suggest that you update to GWT1.4.61so that your GWT
> > applications are running with the latest build. To update from GWT
> > 1.4.60 to GWT1.4.61, follow the steps below for each GWT application
> > you want to update:
>
> > 1) Download GWT1.4.61for your platform at the link below and unpack
> > it to the directory of your choice (only needs to be performed once
> > per platform):
>
> >http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html
>
> > 2) Update your GWT project build path to use the latest GWT JARs. This
> > includes gwt-user.jar, gwt-dev-<platform>.jar and gwt-servlet.jar if
> > your application uses GWT-RPC.
>
> > 3) Update any run configurations or application compile and shell
> > scripts to include the latest JARs in the classpath (same JARs as
> > mentioned in step 2).
>
> > 4) Run a GWT compilation over your project to generate the latest GWT
> > application files for your project.
>
> > 5) Deploy the latest GWT application files to your web server.
>
> > If you're instead upgrading from GWT 1.3 to GWT 1.4, follow the steps
> > listed in this FAQ article:http://code.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=75278&topic=12430
>
> > For those of you who have experienced the bugs that GWT1.4.61aims to

Ian Bambury

Dec 12, 2007, 10:04:18 AM12/12/07
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
What is the difference between Sumit's version 1.4.61 released today, and Bruce's version 1.4.61 released on Nov 3rd?

Sumit Chandel

Dec 12, 2007, 7:20:55 PM12/12/07
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ian,

There are no differences between the 1.4.61 version released yesterday and the 1.4.61 version released on November 3rd. What has changed since then is the GWT downloads page, which now points to the 1.4.61 rather than the 1.4.60 distribution. I also wanted to make a formal announcement to get the word out about the new release on the forum :-)

Thanks,
-Sumit Chandel

pady...@gmail.com

Dec 13, 2007, 7:14:54 AM12/13/07
to Google Web Toolkit

Hi Sumit,

Is there a JRE/JDK version requirement ? I am using JDK 1.5 and am
seeing serialization issues when using GWT-RPC. Curious if this could
be because of JDK versions.

Thx

-- pady

Ryan Dewsbury

Dec 13, 2007, 2:32:15 PM12/13/07
to Google Web Toolkit
I bumped into the IE thing and it drove me nuts. Great fix!
Message has been deleted

gnevarez

Dec 14, 2007, 2:24:26 AM12/14/07
to Google Web Toolkit
Will you place a tag in the SVN repository??? or can you point me to a
svn tree/revision for this version?

I'm using the lined-tree.patch, and would like to have it working with
1.4.61.

Gerardo

Danny

Dec 15, 2007, 10:00:12 AM12/15/07
to Google Web Toolkit
I like to create a new Eclipse project for my application with each
new GWT release, in case there is a reason for me to go back a
release. Every time I go through this, I have to battle Eclipse to
make it use the correct/latest JARs, etc. Is there an easy way to
tell what release is being used by looking at the generated home page
or by calling some GWT method on the client side?

Thanks,

Danny
> -SI like to create a new Eclipse project for my application with each new GWT release, in case there is a reason for me to need to go back a release.umit Chandel

Eric Ponthiaux

Dec 15, 2007, 10:15:46 AM12/15/07
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Use maven .

Try this plugin for eclipse maven integration :

Add a new link in the eclipse find/update plugin :
http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org/update/

Try this plugin for GWTCompilation and deployment .

http://gwtforge.com

you will be able to switch between gwt version in seconds .

Best regards .
Eric Ponthiaux .
It Consutant .
+33 06 87 03 00 01

Fred Sauer

Dec 15, 2007, 11:01:06 AM12/15/07
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Danny,

Try:
  com.google.gwt.dev.About.GWT_VERSION_NUM
  com.google.gwt.dev.About.GWT_VERSION

Fred

--
Fred Sauer
fr...@allen-sauer.com

Danny

Dec 16, 2007, 7:12:59 AM12/16/07
to Google Web Toolkit
Fred,

Thanks for the tip. I must look through the JARs more. There are
many goodies buried there.

Danny

On Dec 15, 11:01 am, "Fred Sauer" <f...@allen-sauer.com> wrote:
> Danny,
>
> Try:
> com.google.gwt.dev.About.GWT_VERSION_NUM
> com.google.gwt.dev.About.GWT_VERSION
>
> Fred
>
> f...@allen-sauer.com

Sumit Chandel

Dec 18, 2007, 12:38:52 PM12/18/07
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gerardo,

To get the 1.4.61 release, just do an svn switch or create a new repository over the 1.4 releases path:

http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/releases/1.4/

If you're only interested in getting the 1.4.61 code, doing an svn switch is the best option. If you want to keep up with the latest and greatest code for 1.4, although it's unlikely that there will be any more changes being made to 1.4, you would want to create a new repository over the path.

Once you've downloaded the 1.4.61 code, apply the lined-tree.patch to it and build. That should get you going.

Hope that helps,
-Sumit Chandel

On Dec 13, 2007 5:44 PM, gnevarez < gnev...@gmail.com> wrote:

Will you place a tag in the SVN repository??? or can you point me to a
svn tree/revision for this version?

I'm using the lined-tree.patch, and would like to have it working with
1.4.61.

Gerardo

Sumit Chandel

Jan 3, 2008, 12:02:49 PM1/3/08
to Google Web Toolkit

On Dec 18 2007, 12:38 pm, "Sumit Chandel" <sumitchan...@google.com>
wrote:
> Hi Gerardo,
>
> To get the 1.4.61 release, just do an svn switch or create a new repository
> over the 1.4 releases path:
>
> http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/releases/1.4/
>
> If you're only interested in getting the 1.4.61 code, doing an svn switch is
> the best option. If you want to keep up with the latest and greatest code
> for 1.4, although it's unlikely that there will be any more changes being
> made to 1.4, you would want to create a new repository over the path.
>
> Once you've downloaded the 1.4.61 code, apply the lined-tree.patch to it and
> build. That should get you going.
>
> Hope that helps,
> -Sumit Chandel

Ian Leslie

Jan 8, 2008, 10:47:44 AM1/8/08
to Google Web Toolkit
On Dec 11 2007, 10:06 pm, Sumit Chandel <sumitchan...@google.com>
wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> The GWT Team has just released GWT 1.4.61, which takes care of some
> minor bugs in the previous release of GWT 1.4.60. The two main issues
> that were addressed are detailed below:
>
> * Fixed an "Operation Aborted" startup error on IE with complex HTML
> pages. Details on this issue can be found in issue #1578 on the Issue
> Tracker (http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?
> id=1578).
>
> * Fixed a potential XSS vulnerability in hosted mode.

Is there a list of all issues that are fixed in 1.4.61?

Sumit Chandel

Jan 8, 2008, 10:57:15 AM1/8/08
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ian,

Indeed there is a listing of the issues fixed in 1.4.61. Check out the release notes at the link below:

http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/releases/release-notes-1.4.61.html

Cheers,
-Sumit Chandel

Eric Ponthiaux

Jan 8, 2008, 11:55:41 AM1/8/08
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
A new version of the gwt forge maven plugin was released .

This version include bugfixes and new options to set the heap size , the maximum heap size , and the young generation heap size during the compilation.

To upgrade from a previous installed version , use mvn -U .

Read the documentation at http://gwtforge.com

Feel free to send bug report at forge-gw...@gwtforge.com

Best regards .

Message has been deleted

Alex

Jan 9, 2008, 2:36:14 AM1/9/08
to Google Web Toolkit
Eric, I think you must have hit reply and changed the subject line in
your email client instead of posting a new thread like you probably
intended. This had the effect of changing the subject of the pinned
thread "GWT 1.4.61 Released" to "Gwt Forge Maven plugin Updated !".
I'm trying to change it back now. This is a pretty confusing feature
of Google Groups.

On Jan 8, 11:55 am, "Eric Ponthiaux" <ponthiaux.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A new version of the gwt forge maven plugin was released .
>
> This version include bugfixes and new options to set the heap size , the maximum heap size , and the young generation heap size during the compilation.
>
> To upgrade from a previous installed version , use mvn -U .
>
> Read the documentation athttp://gwtforge.com
>
> Feel free to send bug report at forge-gwt-plu...@gwtforge.com
>
> Best regards .
> gwtforge.com

Eric Ponthiaux

Jan 9, 2008, 4:52:54 AM1/9/08
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Im not trying to hijack anything :)

This is the place for it . This is the place for everything about gwt .

And there is no specific thread here . Guy this is a mailing list !!!

A mailing list for everyone .

So stop saying bullshit please , and go buy a brain !

See ya .

> Why would you hijack this thread to advertise your (seemingly useless)
> maven plugin?

> On Jan 8, 11:55 am, "Eric Ponthiaux" <ponthiaux.e...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> A new version of the gwt forge maven plugin was released .
>>
>> This version include bugfixes and new options to set the heap size , the
>> maximum heap size , and the young generation heap size during the
>> compilation.
>>
>> To upgrade from a previous installed version , use mvn -U .
>>

>> Read the documentation athttp://gwtforge.com

Charlie Collins

Jan 9, 2008, 9:08:59 AM1/9/08
to Google Web Toolkit
No actually, this is a mailing list which does have specific topics in
the "threads" of a particular message. You might want to brush up on
how mailing lists work before you start hurling profanity at people.
If you respond to an EXISTING message, you are in that "thread," if
you post a NEW message at the root then you have started a new
thread. Clearly your announcement is off topic for this thread.

And then you changed the subject back AGAIN, after Alex fixed it.
Please don't do it another time. If you want to post a new message
about your personal project go for it, but stop hijacking this thread
(which I really doubt was unintentional, though Alex was trying to
give you the benefit of the doubt).

Eric Ponthiaux

Jan 9, 2008, 10:31:50 AM1/9/08
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Understand .

Best regards.

Dan Andrews

Jan 15, 2008, 12:43:03 PM1/15/08
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi,

I just noticed that the server.rpc packages changed quite a lot from
1.4.60. Gone is the ServerSerializableTypeOracle and it has been
replaced by a provider metaphor. I was wondering what the reasons for
this were and if there were any changes or bug fixes to the basic RCP
behaviour since the 1.4.60 revision.

Regards,
Dan
---
http://www.routiki.com

On Dec 11 2007, 9:06 pm, Sumit Chandel <sumitchan...@google.com>
wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> The GWT Team has just released GWT 1.4.61, which takes care of some
> minor bugs in the previous release of GWT 1.4.60. The two main issues
> that were addressed are detailed below:

[snip]