Canvas support for the GWT

OZ

Apr 14, 2008, 9:49:09 PM4/14/08
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi Group!

Regarding canvas support for the GWT, I just wanted to let everyone
who is interested know that I have published yet another
implementation. Yes, I know about the GWTCanvas widget at the GWT
Incubator, but judging by the demo it looks very odd in IE. So if
anyone is interested in a (from my point of view) better
implementation to start with, please feel free to take a look at my
project/source/demo at:

http://code.google.com/p/gwt-canvas/

Btw: I'd be happy to contribute my implementation to the GWT
Incubator, if someone wants to give it a try...

Best regards

Thomas Broyer

Apr 15, 2008, 4:08:35 AM4/15/08
to Google Web Toolkit

On 15 avr, 03:49, OZ <oliver.zo...@gmx-topmail.de> wrote:
> Hi Group!
>
> Regarding canvas support for the GWT, I just wanted to let everyone
> who is interested know that I have published yet another
> implementation. Yes, I know about the GWTCanvas widget at the GWT
> Incubator, but judging by the demo it looks very odd in IE. So if
> anyone is interested in a (from my point of view) better
> implementation to start with, please feel free to take a look at my
> project/source/demo at:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/gwt-canvas/

Seems like you have ported explorercanvas to GWT?

Could you put the code on the SVN? it's easier to look at it that way
(and follow changes...)

Great work by the way!

OZ

Apr 15, 2008, 1:44:06 PM4/15/08
to Google Web Toolkit
On Apr 15, 10:08 am, Thomas Broyer <t.bro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Seems like you have ported explorercanvas to GWT?

Exactly.

Well, from a users point of view i see it as a widget that is not just
a canvas wrapper but rather a widget that builds on top of it, because
there are some subtle yet deliberate differences in it's behavior. For
example this widget is not transparent itself, it has a opaque
backgroud that is not part of the canvas state. Partly this is done so
that both clear() and clearRect(x,y,w,h) behave exactly the same on
all browsers. Whats still missing are patterns, gradients and
images... if someone wants to contribute, be my guest ;)

> Could you put the code on the SVN? it's easier to look at it that way
> (and follow changes...)

I'm going to by the end of the week... I think

> Great work by the way!

Thank you, feedback is appreciated!