GWTCompiler options?

Mike Wannamaker

Jan 17, 2007, 12:03:01 PM1/17/07
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to get the GWTCompiler to output the files into a directory
that doesn't contain the full path?

IE: I have

com.hcl.webapp.Webapp.gwt.xml file

when I compile it puts it into "com.hcl.webapp.Webapp" directory. I would
just rather have it "Webapp", or better yet just "webapp", lower-case.

TIA

Mike Wannamaker

rv

Jan 18, 2007, 1:56:20 AM1/18/07
to Google Web Toolkit
Here is one approach

1. Rename Webapp.gwt.xml under src/com/hcl/webapp to webapp.gwt.xml
2. Move webapp.gwt.xml to under src/
3. Edit webapp.gwt.xml
(a) add/edit the source entry
<source path="com/hcl/webapp/client" />
(b) add/edit the public entry
<public path="com/hcl/webapp/public" />
4. Edit the *-compile* to point to webapp.gwt.xml instead of
com.hcl.webapp.Webapp.gwt.xml.
The GWTCompiler should now output the files into the www/webapp
directory
5. Edit the *-shell* to point to the www/webapp directory

Regards,
Ron

rv

Jan 18, 2007, 2:12:55 AM1/18/07
to Google Web Toolkit
Follow up on my previous post...

In the above approach, the module name is changed from
com.hcl.webapp.Webapp to webapp.
The nocache.html is generated by GWTCompiler as webapp.nocache.html
(instead of com.hcl.webapp.Webapp.nocache.html).
The *.html containing the meta tag should point to the correct
nocache.html like <meta name='gwt:module' content='webapp' />.