Has anyone had success with gwt in AMD 64 ?

1 view

Leonel

May 23, 2006, 10:54:41 PM5/23/06
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi all,

My box is a Fedora Core 5, x86_64, running on an AMD 64.

When running any of the samples in gwt, I get the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
/home/leonel/gwt-linux-1.0.20/libswt-pi-gtk-3139.so:
/home/leonel/gwt-linux-1.0.20/libswt-pi-gtk-3139.so: wrong ELF class:
ELFCLASS32

My guess is that these shared libraries were compiled on 32 bits, and
Fedora expects a 64 bit shared library. Is that correct ? I cannot tell
whether this is the kernel complaining or some other library in the
system.

Has anyone had success in running the samples in a 64 bit environment ?
Can it be solved without asking Google to recompile and distribute GWT
in 64 bits ?

[]'s
Leonel

Weiqi Gao

May 23, 2006, 11:09:51 PM5/23/06
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com

I saw the exact same error message on FC5 x86_64. Download and
install the i586 version of Sun JDK will allow GWT to run correctly.
But then all other Java applications that come with FC5 (Azeurus, for
example, with an error message "wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64) will be
broken.

--
Weiqi Gao (高为奇)
weiq...@gmail.com

dannyc...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2006, 12:31:39 PM6/1/06
to Google Web Toolkit

I get the same errors with Ubuntu 5.10 amd64. Other java-powered apps
(azureus) give me the same error as well.

Danny

Travis

Jun 1, 2006, 12:36:29 PM6/1/06
to Google Web Toolkit
I was able to use GWT with Ubuntu AMD64 after upgrading to the Dapper
Drake candidate release and loading a 32bit jdk. It appears that they
have integrated 32 bit compatibility in this new release as Adobe
Reader 7.0 began to work after the upgrade as well.

Travis

dannyc...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2006, 12:51:15 PM6/1/06
to Google Web Toolkit
Hm. Even after using the 32bit javaSDK the KitchenSink-shell still
doesn't work...

It chokes on this:
(SWT:9054): Pango-CRITICAL **: _pango_engine_shape_shape: assertion
`PANGO_IS_FONT (font)' failed

Pango-ERROR **: file shape.c: line 75 (pango_shape): assertion failed:
(glyphs->num_glyphs > 0)
aborting...

But I guess Dapper doesn't have this flaw? I'm still using Breezy
(because Dapper doesn't support twinview on amd64 with my graphics
card... why oh why did I ever get a 64bit cpu?)

Danny

Travis

Jun 1, 2006, 1:12:16 PM6/1/06
to Google Web Toolkit
Those were the same errors that I recieved before the upgrade to
Dapper. If you can't upgrade you could try the chroot method described
in the Ubuntu Forums, but that looks like a lot of work.

Travis

Elam

Jun 15, 2006, 2:23:43 PM6/15/06
to Google Web Toolkit
Is it possible for Google to release 64bit compiled libraries?

Lluis Turro

Jul 6, 2006, 6:33:17 AM7/6/06
to Google Web Toolkit
I hope so. The problem seems to be related with the embedded mozilla.
The compiler works properly.