Selenium error with GXT1.0/GWT 1.5RC1

David

Jul 21, 2008, 3:11:27 PM7/21/08
to Google Web Toolkit
I have some Selenium tests that were working under mygwt/Gwt 1.4 that
are now broken with the only change being to upgrade to GXT 1.0 and
GWT 1.5RC1. I am getting a (TypeError): openedWindow has no
properties fileName: http://localhost:8080/selenium-server/core/scripts/selenium-browserbot.js
lineNumber: 557

This is occuring during a GWT RPC call. It appears the failure
happens Anybody here have selenium tests working with GXT1.0 using
GWT's RPC calls?

chris.f.jones

Sep 8, 2008, 5:45:57 PM9/8/08
to Google Web Toolkit
We don't use GXT, but we have similar intermittent selenium test
failures with the same message: "openedWindow has no properties".
These have only started appearing after we updated to GWT 1.5.
I've isolated this to an rpc call that happens as the result of a
click, since other rpc calls seem to work fine (those that happen
onModuleLoad for example).

This error occurs inside the selenium wrapper for window.open. I'm
still trying to find a root cause but it seems strange that a
window.open would be triggered during this rpc call.

Also, looking at other selenium posts for this message seems to
indicate that this happens when the firefox being driven by selenium
has the popup blocker enabled, but we get the same error with it
disabled.

On Jul 21, 12:11 pm, David <davidpop...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have some Selenium tests that were working under mygwt/Gwt 1.4 that
> are now broken with the only change being to upgrade to GXT 1.0 and
> GWT 1.5RC1.  I am getting a (TypeError): openedWindow has no
> properties fileName:http://localhost:8080/selenium-server/core/scripts/selenium-browserbo...

chris.f.jones

Sep 8, 2008, 6:21:19 PM9/8/08
to Google Web Toolkit
Ok, after some more digging I think I've figured out why this is
happening (the symptom anyway).
The workaround is to just compile your app with the OBF style before
running your test instead of using PRETTY or DETAILED. For more gory
details, read on.

Selenium wraps the 4-parameter 'window.open' call in their own
implementation so that they can keep track of open windows. Gwt's rpc
code: (RequestBuilder:381, XMLHTTPRequest:186) registers their own
method called 'open' as a wrapper of XMLHTTPRequest's open, but they
do so in the 'window' context. When selenium hooks in to the gwt app,
it puts its wrapper around gwt's 'open' method (even though its not a
real window.open call). When the rpc call is made, mayhem ensues since
there really is no window opening at all.
I think the error could be fixed on either side, but I'm going to log
a gwt issue since the method named 'open' in the 'window' context
probably shouldn't be overridden unless absolutely necessary.

On Jul 21, 12:11 pm, David <davidpop...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have some Selenium tests that were working under mygwt/Gwt1.4 that
> are now broken with the only change being to upgrade to GXT 1.0 andGWT1.5RC1.  I am getting a (TypeError):openedWindowhasnopropertiesfileName:http://localhost:8080/selenium-server/core/scripts/selenium-browserbo...
> lineNumber: 557
>
> This is occuring during aGWTRPC call.  It appears the failure

chris.f.jones

Sep 8, 2008, 6:53:07 PM9/8/08
to Google Web Toolkit
Added issue 2861