Good start...but...

oopsatwork

May 17, 2006, 9:55:27 AM5/17/06
to Google Web Toolkit
I think you guys are a few steps behind <a
href="http://www.nextapp.com/platform/echo2/echo/">Echo2</a> on the
whole. I am definitely all for the history management features you
have implemented...great stuff. I also think that you stand a good
chance at catching up with Echo2 just because...heh...you're google...a
lot of people are going to jump on this bandwagon just on that basis
alone.

My advice, however: Buy Nextapp (the Echo2 guys) for
EchoStudio....develop the hell out of it...and merge GWT and Echo2.
Then I'm a happy guy... ;P

ashish...@gmail.com

May 17, 2006, 11:10:23 AM5/17/06
to Google Web Toolkit
definatly GUI wise echo2 is much cooler.... also its LGPL.

sche...@gmail.com

May 17, 2006, 11:23:56 AM5/17/06
to Google Web Toolkit
Are you suggesting that echo2 being LGPL'ed is an advantage?

The Google Web Toolkit is licensed under Apache License v. 2.0, which
is much less restrictive, especially for commerical applications.

lom

May 17, 2006, 12:10:17 PM5/17/06
to Google Web Toolkit
Ok, but where are sources?
What is behind DLL's and SO's?

:-)

Jani

May 18, 2006, 2:28:34 AM5/18/06
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi,

The sources are in the jar files. At least most of them....

-Jani

Michael Kimberlin

May 18, 2006, 9:51:12 AM5/18/06
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, but that looks like an accident...not an intentional release of
the source. We'll see...

lom

May 19, 2006, 8:53:15 AM5/19/06
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi,
Thanks found java classes. But what is about DLL?
lom

Tiago Serafim

May 19, 2006, 9:18:04 AM5/19/06
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
I don´t think that the release of the core java API is an accident. They are provided with the Apache license. And they are inside the .jar file because IDEs such as Eclipse know where look to find them and integrate it with your development. (Try a shift + click on a gwt class, you´ll see the source of the class, if your eclipse is properly configured.

The DLLs and .SO seems to be closed source...

Michael Kimberlin

May 19, 2006, 11:27:22 AM5/19/06
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
I'll have to look again...I honestly I only briefly glanced...but it
looked like several class files where missing their matching source
files. But, honestly I didn't pay close attention. That is what made
me think it was an accident. If I'm mistaken then I stand corrected.
I would say it is not so common for source to be distributed this way
though... I'll refrain from speaking from my position of not having
dived in too deeply yet any further. :)