where is MarkerManager?

Mehdi Rabah

Jul 6, 2008, 9:49:57 PM7/6/08
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi,

In the svn trunk version google-apis maps, MarkerManager is missing.
What should I use instead ?

Regards
--
Mehdi

Eric Ayers

Jul 6, 2008, 10:10:09 PM7/6/08
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Hi Medhi,

The Maps API team suggested that we point users at the open source marker manager implementation.  We haven't had a chance to make bindings for those, but welcome contributions!

See:
http://code.google.com/p/gwt-google-apis/issues/detail?id=117&can=1&q=markermanager

-Eric.
--
Eric Z. Ayers - GWT Team - Atlanta, GA USA
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/

Mehdi Rabah

Jul 7, 2008, 5:26:32 PM7/7/08
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi Eric,

I would be glad to try this simple task (using my mighty knowledge of
javascript ^^), but let's say I won't. Will there be a way to add a
marker on the map in the next release (regardless of when the next
release is scheduled)?

(For a personnal project I upgraded from gwt 1.4.6 to 1.5 and I wanted
to try the repository version of google-apis because of the geocoding
problem http://code.google.com/p/gwt-google-apis/issues/detail?id=20 .
I hope I won't have to go back to 1.4.6 to be able to add markers ^^)

Regards,
--
Mehdi

On 7 juil, 04:10, "Eric Ayers" <zun...@google.com> wrote:
> Hi Medhi,
>
> The Maps API team suggested that we point users at the open source marker
> manager implementation.  We haven't had a chance to make bindings for those,
> but welcome contributions!
>
> See:http://code.google.com/p/gwt-google-apis/issues/detail?id=117&can=1&q...
>
> -Eric.

Eric Ayers

Jul 7, 2008, 6:08:02 PM7/7/08
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure I fully understand the issue.

It's pretty easy to add a marker to the map:

  create the marker with "Marker marker = new Marker(...)",
  then add it with map.addOverlay(marker);

Was there something more you were doing with MarkerManager?

There are examples of how to do many things with the API if you read through the HelloMaps sample code that comes with the distribution.

-Eric.

Mehdi Rabah

Jul 8, 2008, 4:54:49 AM7/8/08
to Google Web Toolkit
Ok, I just wasn't using the right way to add markers.

When I started, I searched for "addMarker" in the api, and the first
(and only) thing I found was the MarkerManager, so I used it. But
clearly I don't need it.

Thanks,
--
Mehdi