An Interpreter running inside the Browser using GWT

christop...@googlemail.com

Oct 28, 2008, 3:12:35 PM10/28/08
to Google Web Toolkit
Hello,

I just put the first version of a project online. Since it heavily
relies on GWT and uses it to do some advanced stuff, I thought it is
worth to put up a post about it here.

It is an interpreter that runs completely inside the browser. The
language that it interprets is a new LISP dialect that I created for
it, called WebLisp. It is a functional and imperative programming
language. There is also some documentation about it on the site.

If you're interested, you can find it here:

http://weblisp.net

Enjoy,
Christoph

Phillip Baird

Oct 29, 2008, 1:55:05 AM10/29/08
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi Christoph,

I'm not sure I understand the problem this solves. Can you clarify
how and why you'd use this in an application?

thanks

/Phillip B.

christop...@googlemail.com

Oct 29, 2008, 5:43:50 AM10/29/08
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi Phillip,

it's purpose is purely educational right now. One group this should be
interesting for is students. They don't need to install anything but
can practice programming directly inside the browser.

It is not intended to be used in a production environment.

greetings,
Christoph