gwt Gadget Creation error

zujee

Oct 27, 2008, 8:48:46 AM10/27/08
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi all,
When I tried to to run the sample program of HelloGadgets its showing
error like

ERROR] Failed to create an instance of
'com.myApp.client.HelloPreferences' via deferred binding
com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (TypeError): Object
expected
number: -2146823281
at com.google.gwt.gadgets.client.impl.PreferencesUtil
$.nativeInitPrefs(Native Method)
at com.google.gwt.gadgets.client.UserPreferences
$Preference.<init>(UserPreferences.java:50)
at
com.google.gwt.gadgets.client.EnumPreference.<init>(EnumPreference.java:
34)
at com.MyApp.client.HelloPreferencesUserPreferencesImpl
$1.<init>(transient source for
com.myApp.client.HelloPreferencesUserPreferencesImpl:8)
at
com.myApp.client.HelloPreferencesUserPreferencesImpl.<init>(transient
source for com.myApp.client.HelloPreferencesUserPreferencesImpl:8)
at com.google.gwt.core.client.GWT.create(GWT.java:97)
at com.myApp.client.HelloGadgetsGadgetImpl.<init>(transient source
for com.myApp.client.HelloGadgetsGadgetImpl:8)

any idea, whats missing from my side.
My class is like this..
public class HelloGadgets extends Gadget<HelloPreferences> ..{..}

and hellopreference is like public interface HelloPreferences extends
UserPreferences {...}

its working fine when my HelloGadgets extends Gadget<UserPreferences>
directly,insted of using interface.

pls help me
thanx in advance
zujee

Eric Ayers

Oct 27, 2008, 9:04:41 AM10/27/08
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
You haven't said what version of the Gadgets library you are using,
but I assume it's 1.0.0 (RC1)
There was a bug fixed at r724 which came just after that release.

If you are using a more recent version of the gwt-gadgets library and
have a small test case that reproduces the issue, I'd like to
investigate it.

-Eric.

--
Eric Z. Ayers - GWT Team - Atlanta, GA USA
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/

zujee

Oct 28, 2008, 12:55:10 AM10/28/08
to Google Web Toolkit
Thanks Eric for this valuable info.
But I can see only one version gwt-gadgets-1.0.0 in this
http://code.google.com/p/gwt-google-apis/downloads/list

is there any other path,where I can get this latest jar.
thanks
Zujee
> Eric Z. Ayers - GWT Team - Atlanta, GA USAhttp://code.google.com/webtoolkit/- Hide quoted text -

zujee

Oct 28, 2008, 2:37:49 AM10/28/08
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi ,
I tried gwt-gadget 1.0.1. But still the same error .. :(
[ERROR] Failed to create an instance of
'com.myApp.client.HelloPreferences' via deferred binding
com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (TypeError): Object
expected
number: -2146823281
at com.google.gwt.gadgets.client.impl.PreferencesUtil
$.nativeInitPrefs(Native Method)
at com.google.gwt.gadgets.client.UserPreferences
$Preference.<init>(UserPreferences.java:50)
at
com.google.gwt.gadgets.client.EnumPreference.<init>(EnumPreference.java:
34)
at com.MyApp.client.HelloPreferencesUserPreferencesImpl
$1.<init>(transient source for
com.myApp.client.HelloPreferencesUserPreferencesImpl:8)

pls help
thanks in advance
Zujee

On Oct 28, 9:55 am, zujee <sujeesh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Eric for this valuable info.
> But I can see only one version gwt-gadgets-1.0.0 in thishttp://code.google.com/p/gwt-google-apis/downloads/list
> > Eric Z. Ayers - GWT Team - Atlanta, GA USAhttp://code.google.com/webtoolkit/-Hide quoted text -

GameNow

Dec 4, 2008, 1:50:13 AM12/4/08
to Google Web Toolkit
I met similiar error:

[ERROR] Unable to load module entry point class test.client.My (see
associated exception for details)
com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (TypeError): Object
expected
number: -2146823281
at com.gwtext.client.widgets.Component.init(Native Method)
at com.gwtext.client.widgets.Component.<clinit>(Component.java:113)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializeImpl(Native Method)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:196)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:161)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:161)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:161)
at test.client.My.onModuleLoad(My.java:23)

The versions i'm using are:
GWT: 1.5.3
Eclipse: 3.4.1 / Build id: M20080911-1700
GWT-Ext: 2.0.5
Cypal Studio for GWT: 1.0

The source code of test.client.My was copied from:
http://www.gwt-ext.com/demo/#editableTree

GWT Home is: C:\gwt-windows-1.5.3
Eclipse Home is: C:\eclipse

Pls help me to solve this issue, thanks

Eric Ayers

Dec 4, 2008, 6:38:18 AM12/4/08
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
@GameNow: are you using the gadgets API? I don't think this is
related to the other issues on this thread. This problem could be
diagnosed by seting breakpoints using the hosted mode debugger. The
exception is occuring inside of GWT-Ext.