JSON vs GWT Serialization

andres...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2006, 6:43:39 PM6/6/06
to Google Web Toolkit
I do not undestand the choice of using a custom serialization marker
interface (IsSerializable) vs using JSON serialization or a similar
method. The marker interface should be completely unnecessary if your
POJO is just made up of simple types or other POJOS that are made up of
simple types.

In other words, why not just use the serialization available in the
JSON-RPC-Java
(http://oss.metaparadigm.com/jsonrpc-cvs/manual.html#type-mapping)
bridge? Or why not take a tactic similar that does not require the
marke interface?

I'm sure some people will like to create client versions of their
domain model classes for use with their module. However in many cases,
the client view of the domain model can be precisely the same as the
server. It would be overly burdensome in this case to create a bunch
of classes just to implement the marker interface.

Thoughts?

jen

Jun 7, 2006, 12:25:59 PM6/7/06
to Google Web Toolkit
I also would like to know what reasons there are not to use a more
flexible Serialization method.
+1