GWT 1.2 Release Candidate - with Mac OS X support!

Bret Taylor

Oct 31, 2006, 11:49:44 AM10/31/06
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
We just launched a release candidate for GWT 1.2. You can read the
complete announcement on the Google Web Toolkit blog:

http://googlewebtoolkit.blogspot.com/2006/10/gwt-12-release-candidate-with-mac-os-x.html

Download the release from the GWT web site:

http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

As I mentioned in my blog post last month, we are launching this
Release Candidate build of Version 1.2 so that we can get bug reports
and feedback from all of you. We will follow up with the final 1.2
release in a few weeks once we have fixed all of the major issues that
you all find.

Let us know what you think!

Thanks,
Bret Taylor
Product Manager, Google Web Toolkit

ait

Oct 31, 2006, 11:58:57 AM10/31/06
to Google Web Toolkit
Congratulations!

Jason Essington

Oct 31, 2006, 12:00:44 PM10/31/06
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Way to go guys!

-jason

ait

Oct 31, 2006, 12:19:29 PM10/31/06
to Google Web Toolkit
First bad news.

My custom generators continue to work fine and generate same files as
before BUT now compiler says 'Unable to find recently generated type'
Was something changed in this area?

Alex

uwfrog

Oct 31, 2006, 12:58:29 PM10/31/06
to Google Web Toolkit
Excited with 1.2RC. But I got this, too.

[ERROR] Uncaught exception escaped
java.lang.RuntimeException: Deferred binding failed for
'my.nonAsync.remote.service.interface' (did you forget to inherit a
required module?)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.rebindAndCreate(JavaScriptHost.java:148)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ShellGWT.create(ShellGWT.java:10)
at com.google.gwt.core.client.GWT.create(transient source for
com.google.gwt.core.client.GWT:20)
at InstanceToCreateRemoteAsyncService.<init>(myClassImpl.java:29)

Jason Essington

Oct 31, 2006, 1:05:17 PM10/31/06
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Alex, you using Idea?

some members of the freenode ##gwt channel have also noticed this
error, and it appears that the common bond is Idea.

I am building with ant and have no problems.

-jason

br...@google.com

Oct 31, 2006, 1:10:29 PM10/31/06
to Google Web Toolkit

This could be a result of hosted mode optimizations, which use a
complex caching scheme. We'll need to look into this a bit more. Is
your generator available anywhere so that we can try to reproduce the
problem?

-- Bruce

Neil

Oct 31, 2006, 10:15:03 PM10/31/06
to Google Web Toolkit
Thanks very much. Is working fine for me in OS X from the command line.
I am using it on conjunction with G4JSF CDK although I had to make some
mods to the build process in the CDK to get OS X operational - I will
post this in the thread

Example EJB3 GWT apps?

at

http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Web-Toolkit/browse_frm/thread/26ee75a21ea869fe/1314b3b6096ca879?lnk=gst&q=gwt+ejb3&rnum=1#1314b3b6096ca879

ait

Nov 1, 2006, 1:43:55 AM11/1/06
to Google Web Toolkit
Bruce,

It seems like the problem is not with generator but with compiler. It
happens when path to generated files contains spaces. By default IDEA
generates files in {user.home}/.IntelliJIdea60/system/gwt<some project
specific path> (it is path given to compiler) On Windows {user.home}
has good chances to contain spaces.

If to change idea.system.path property in
<IDEA_INSTALL_DIR>/bin/idea.properties file to any path without spaces
then everything works fine.

Please note that GWT 1.1 works fine with paths containing spaces.

Alex Tkachman

On Oct 31, 9:10 pm, b...@google.com wrote:
> ait wrote:
> > First bad news.
>
> > My custom generators continue to work fine and generate same files as
> > before BUT now compiler says 'Unable to find recently generated type'

> > Was something changed in this area?This could be a result of hosted mode optimizations, which use a

ait

Nov 1, 2006, 1:47:47 AM11/1/06
to Google Web Toolkit
Yes, Jason, use IntelliJ IDEA.

Please see my replay to Bruce about root of the problem and possible
workaround. Could you do me a favor and send link to this workaround to
the channel you mentioned?

Alex Tkachman
JetBrains

Message has been deleted

Luciano Broussal

Nov 1, 2006, 8:31:13 AM11/1/06
to Google Web Toolkit
Very nice,

Thank you

Jason Essington

Nov 1, 2006, 10:26:56 AM11/1/06
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
I don't use IDEA personally, but the guys that did found that they
had no problems building with either ant or the shell scripts.

I think that Luminari (one of the members of ##gwt on freenode) found
that creating a new module in IDEA and then moving the old code into
it solved the problem.

-jason

Eric B

Nov 1, 2006, 4:45:23 PM11/1/06
to Google Web Toolkit
Great job! Very excited about the fixes/improvements. Any chance we
can get releases, even RC's, in the Subversion repository of the Google
Project site for GWT?

Thanks,
Eric

hama

Nov 3, 2006, 9:37:22 AM11/3/06
to Google Web Toolkit
thank you

thinkhard

Nov 5, 2006, 5:12:58 AM11/5/06
to Google Web Toolkit
I got the fellowing message:
Unable to find type 'java.lang.Object'
Hint: Check that your module inherits 'com.google.gwt.core.Core' either
directly or indirectly (most often by inheriting module
'com.google.gwt.user.User')
---------------------------------------
why? i just run a sample.

Sergeij2000

Nov 5, 2006, 9:52:00 AM11/5/06
to Google Web Toolkit

Check if your pathname to the GWT samples contains any spaces.

Cheers

Sergeij

brett.wooldridge

Nov 6, 2006, 11:51:27 PM11/6/06
to Google Web Toolkit
I love you!

-Brett

jltho...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2006, 5:19:22 AM11/10/06
to Google Web Toolkit

brett.wooldridge a écrit :

> I love you!
>
> -Brett

Same problem with spaces in my project directory name though I use
Eclipse.
What did you do to solve your problem other than moving your workspace
to some other directory ?

Thanks.

bglauber

Nov 10, 2006, 7:34:31 AM11/10/06
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi,

I noticed that the new release doesn't gives support for JAVA 1.5.

So, I'd like to know when it will be avaiable, if it will be avaiable
in the final release, and so on.

Thanks,

Glauber

sajorokas

Nov 10, 2006, 12:13:35 PM11/10/06
to Google Web Toolkit
Hola me llamo Alejandro soy del Peru he hecho mini aplicaciones en GWT
para un campus virtual, una especie de dialogo como foro y una especie
de examen para los alumnos.

El problema que tengo es que tengo clientes que me estan llamando por q
no se ve estas aplicaciones. Yo he compilado en una PC con sistema
operativo en español , mis clientes estan en ingles con browser
intenet explorer 6 ingles.

Espero que alguien me pueda ayudar.

RationalPi

Nov 13, 2006, 9:50:39 AM11/13/06
to Google Web Toolkit
I don't know the answer to sajorokas question, but here's the gist of
what he's asking...

He is in Peru working on a mini-GWT application that includes a sort of
forum and special exams for students. People are calling him and saying
that they can't see the application. He is compiling the application on
a PC with a Spanish operating system and his clients are using the
English version of Internet Explorer 6. He hopes that someone can help.