Welcome

1 view

j...@google.com

Dec 12, 2006, 8:23:15 AM12/12/06
to Google Web Toolkit Contributors
In case anyone missed the announcement, the Google Web Toolkit is now
fully open source, under the Apache 2.0 license.

This means that we are moving the development process "into the open",
and this group is the first manifestation of this -- we intend to have
our discussions about GWT development in this group, so that everyone
can participate. Discussions here will focus on the internals of GWT,
while the Developer Forum will continue to be the place where end users
of GWT can discuss the product.

Please take a few minutes to read "Making GWT Better"
(http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/makinggwtbetter.html). This document
will help get you up to speed on GWT development, and will keep us all
focused as we work to extend and improve it.

Welcome. Let's go forth and build something great!

ash

Dec 12, 2006, 5:11:56 PM12/12/06
to Google Web Toolkit Contributors
publishing the principles and motivations in "making gwt better"[1] is
imho is the best start you could have made. well done!

we have been fortunate enough to share snippets of these principles in
bruce's postings in the user forum as philosophies, but now they are
visible and transparent.

as u will already know i have been passionate about this initiative for
a long time, so naturally im delighted with this milestone. on a
related topic, the gwt-commons initiative has led to many learnings.
these discussions with friends on the gwt-commons forum has led to many
important considerations. some of these include:
1. scope
2. operating model
3. organisation

in my mind there are many things that i (and perhaps other members)
would have preferred to be in core gwt rather than commons. it would be
great if these could explored.

1- http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/makinggwtbetter.html

best wishes
http://www.gworks.com.au