[google-web-toolkit commit] r180 - in changes/trunk/scottb/chmod-fix-r178: . distro-source distro-source/linux distro-source/...

1 view

codesite...@google.com

Dec 14, 2006, 7:34:13 PM12/14/06
to Google-Web-Tool...@googlegroups.com
Author: gwt.team.scottb
Date: Thu Dec 14 16:33:56 2006
New Revision: 180

Added:
changes/trunk/scottb/chmod-fix-r178/
- copied from r178, /trunk/
Modified:
changes/trunk/scottb/chmod-fix-r178/distro-source/common.ant.xml
changes/trunk/scottb/chmod-fix-r178/distro-source/linux/build.xml
changes/trunk/scottb/chmod-fix-r178/distro-source/mac/build.xml
changes/trunk/scottb/chmod-fix-r178/distro-source/windows/build.xml
changes/trunk/scottb/chmod-fix-r178/samples/build.xml
changes/trunk/scottb/chmod-fix-r178/samples/common.ant.xml

Log:
Fixed chmod issue when building on Win32. I completely redid how the distros get packaged.
Instead of building a staging directory which then gets packaged, the packaging all happens
"in place". Then the staging directory is expanded out from the final distro, but only for the
platform you're currently running on. This actually builds faster. The only downside I know
of is that I can't share much code between the linux, mac, and windows distro build files.
Maybe there's a more elegant solution to this.

I also redid how the samples are built, to make it easier to package up the final distros.
While I was in there I made sample building a lot smarter about not doing rebuilds, thanks to
some of the sweet stuff in ant-contrib.