Google Teacher Newsletter - 1st issue

Google Educator Outreach

Oct 11, 2006, 1:53:29 PM10/11/06
to Google Teacher Center
Greetings, and welcome to the first issue of the Google Teacher
Newsletter.

We hope you've cleared the "back to school" hurdle and are full swing
into the new year - enjoying your students and learning as much from
them as they are from you. It's in the spirit of collaboration and
mutual learning that we're sending this newsletter - an invitation
for you to join us in creating a truly useful resource for educators.

Today, teachers like you are using technology in innovative ways to
help students build knowledge. You play a critical role in breaking
down the barriers between people and information, and we support your
efforts to empower your students. We're reaching out to you as a way to
bolster that support and explore how we can work together.

As a start, we're inviting you to share your best ideas for using the
web in the classroom. Visit us at: http://www.google.com/educators for
a teacher's guide to 12 Google products. You'll find information about
each tool, examples of how educators are using them, and lesson ideas.
You'll also find lesson plans and videos from our partners at Discovery
Education focusing on two of our most popular teaching tools: Google
Earth and Google SketchUp.

We think of the site as a basic platform of teaching resources - for
everything from blogging and videos to geographical search tools and
3-D modeling software - and we want you to fill it in with your great
ideas. You can explore a Google tool you've never tried before, then
tell us what you think about it. Or road test our lesson ideas, then
follow the links to submit your own. And if you'd like to share your
expertise with fellow educators, we encourage you to send us your story
- we'd love to feature it in this newsletter or on the site.

We're also working with WestEd to help teachers learn about the newest
technologies for the classroom, including Google tools. If you'd like
to be a Google Certified Teacher, we invite you to check out the
details on our November 7th training academy here:
http://www.edgateway.net/google

So what's next? In addition to adding your ideas to our site, we'll
continue to develop new teaching resources and keep you updated on
tools you can use in the classroom. And in the next issue of this
newsletter, we'll further explore how Google is getting involved in the
teaching community and how you can join us.

We hope you find this newsletter useful. If you have any questions
about the newsletter or website, please feel free to fire away and send
an email to: educator...@google.com

Until next time, thanks for reading.

Cristin Frodella
Google K-12 Education Outreach