"A server error has occurred" with return code 504

sdelbosc

Mar 19, 2008, 5:19:29 AM3/19/08
to Google Search Appliance, sandrin...@capgemini.com
Hi,

Here is what I get when trying to do a search - using my frontend:
- Message: A server error has occurred.
- Details: 504

The default message is:
- Server Error
- The server encountered an error and could not complete your
request.
-
- If the problem persists, please mail er...@google.com and mention
this error message and the query that caused it.

Has somebody an idea of what happens on my GSA?

Thanks & Regards,
Sylvain

brian

Mar 23, 2008, 10:14:57 PM3/23/08
to Google Search Appliance
Hi Sylvain,

504 error messages can appear for a number of reasons. The best way to
deal with them would be to file a ticket with support indicating the
time/date of the error along with the exact search URL that generated
the error. Support will then be able to track down what caused this
via remote access.

Brian