Release candidate available.

1 view

Chouser

Apr 30, 2006, 11:52:50 PM4/30/06
to Google Maps EZ
Version 2 beta 2 of GMapEZ is now available.
To use it, update your gmapez script tag to
"gmapez-2b2.js?key=foo" where "foo" is your Google API key.
Then you must delete the maps.google.com script tags.

I expect to release this as version 2 in the next few days. If
you're currently using GMapEZ, please try out this new version
and if you have any problems (or success you'd like to report),
please reply to this post with the details.

--Chouser

amarka

May 2, 2006, 11:13:33 AM5/2/06
to Google Maps EZ
gmapez-2b2.js did not work, but gmapez-2b1.js seems to work fine.

I am not clear on where in the document that I would delete the
maps.google.com script tags, are you referring to each reference to a
map co-ordinate or elsewhere?

Such as this line of code:
<a
href="http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=22+alpha+mills+road,+mississauga+on&ll=43.595249,-79.727311&spn=0.009977,0.026779">T</a>
Outstanding Area of Streetsville!<br>
Investment property with 2 kitchens!
<BR>
<a
href="listings/22-Alpha-Mills-Road/22-Alpha-Mills-Rd-MLS-Listing.htm">Click
here</a> for more information
are you saying to remove the http://maps.google.ca/ part of the first
line?

This is where this code resides:
http://www.mississauga4sale.com/listings-google-maps.htm

Thanks,
Mark

Chouser

May 2, 2006, 8:58:29 PM5/2/06
to Google Maps EZ
Sorry, I wasn't very clear about this.

In the <head> section of your page, BEFORE gmapez-2b2, you needed two
script lines, like this:

<script
src="http://maps.google.com/maps?file=api&v=1&key=abcdefg"
type="text/javascript"></script>
<script
src="http://bluweb.com/chouser/gmapez/gmapez.js"
type="text/javascript"></script>

Starting with gmapez-2b2, you need only one script line like:

<script
src="http://bluweb.com/chouser/gmapez/gmapez-2b2.js?key=abcdefg"
type="text/javascript"></script>

Does that make more sense?

geoscene

May 3, 2006, 7:50:24 AM5/3/06
to Google Maps EZ
Makes perfect sense. Excellent! Works fine after doing that