G_MAP_TYPE is not defined

Stefan

Oct 28, 2008, 7:40:05 AM10/28/08
to Google Maps EZ
All the maps stopped working... The JS error is: G_MAP_TYPE is not
defined. Any help on this one?

wf

Oct 29, 2008, 3:54:38 PM10/29/08
to Google Maps EZ
Google has cancelled support for some v1 constants that had a v2
compatibility mode until 28th of october. By pulling the plug some
thousand websites with some million map links are effected.

If I where Google I'd bring things back to the old state so that a lot
of admins won't have to bother and a lot of users would be happy.

Chouser

Oct 29, 2008, 4:00:06 PM10/29/08
to Google-...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 3:54 PM, wf <w...@bitplan.com> wrote:

> Google has cancelled support for some v1 constants that had a v2
> compatibility mode until 28th of october. By pulling the plug some
> thousand websites with some million map links are effected.

By upgrading to GMapEZ 2.5, you should be protected from those
changes. Existing GMapEZ maps can continue to use G_MAP_TYPE,
G_SATELLITE_TYPE, etc. in their GMapEZ div class attributes as long as
they're using GMapEZ 2.5.

--Chouser

TS

Nov 14, 2008, 8:16:02 AM11/14/08
to Google Maps EZ
Google has depricated that map type, use G_NORMAL_MAP instead.

Jay

Nov 15, 2008, 6:07:25 PM11/15/08
to Google Maps EZ
I just found that 2 of my maps show the same error.
I looked in 'Files' to the right but can't find GMapEZ 2.5.
Where is it?
Thanks,
Jay

Chouser

Nov 17, 2008, 10:07:53 AM11/17/08
to Google-...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 6:07 PM, Jay <j...@gladwyne.com> wrote:

> I just found that 2 of my maps show the same error.
> I looked in 'Files' to the right but can't find GMapEZ 2.5.
> Where is it?

As mentioned on the news page and in the google group, you can get the
JavaScript file here:
http://n01se.net/gmapez/gmapez-2.5.js

You can also get a .zip of all related files here:
http://n01se.net/gmapez/gmapez-2.5.zip

I've also now uploaded them to the google group files section for your
convenience.

--Chouser

Jay

Nov 18, 2008, 11:44:11 AM11/18/08