explorer.exe running at around 90% CPU

Jack

Nov 4, 2006, 8:07:37 PM11/4/06
to Google-Labs-Picasa-for-Linux
At the moment while running Picasa on Edgy explorer.exe is running at
93% of the CPU on my laptop and Picasa is idle.

Is there anyway to calm the usage down?

alimh

Nov 7, 2006, 1:31:07 AM11/7/06
to Google-Labs-Picasa-for-Linux
Bump! Same problem here.

Titan3025

Nov 7, 2006, 3:57:21 AM11/7/06
to Google-Labs-Picasa-for-Linux
same here...

Ubuntu Edgy on a Thinkpad.

Titan3025

Nov 7, 2006, 3:57:40 AM11/7/06
to Google-Labs-Picasa-for-Linux

oni...@gmail.com

Nov 9, 2006, 8:04:35 AM11/9/06
to Google-Labs-Picasa-for-Linux
I solve this problem.
The problem was that two libraries co-existed on my system: libdbus-1-2
and libdbus-1-3.
I removed libdbus-1-2 and now explorer.exe starts normally.

I have the same problem with vmware. And now it solved too.

Thomas Jansson

Nov 10, 2006, 6:32:34 AM11/10/06
to Google-Labs-Picasa-for-Linux
The solved the problem on my computer as well! :D thx.

Jack

Nov 10, 2006, 8:30:40 AM11/10/06
to Google-Labs-Picasa-for-Linux
I couldn't manage to find those files - where abouts are they?

onixpro

Nov 11, 2006, 9:21:20 AM11/11/06
to Google-Labs-Picasa-for-Linux
# sudo apt-get remove libdbus-1-2

Scott

Nov 11, 2006, 11:11:57 AM11/11/06
to Google-Labs-Picasa-for-Linux

How did you ever figure that out? :-)

Scott

Ares

Nov 11, 2006, 6:02:28 PM11/11/06
to Google-Labs-Picasa-for-Linux
Unfortunately Gaim and Ubuntu-Desktop both depend on the libdbus-1-2
package, and a whole slew of others depend on 1-3. Is there anything
else I can do to resolve this problem, besides killing explorer every
time I start Picasa?

onixpro

Nov 11, 2006, 6:44:00 PM11/11/06
to Google-Labs-Picasa-for-Linux
Google helps me. I foud solution for vmware and then try the same
solution to picasa=)

On Nov 11, 7:11 pm, "Scott" <angrykeyboar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> onix...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I solve this problem.
> > The problem was that two libraries co-existed on my system: libdbus-1-2
> > and libdbus-1-3.
> > I removed libdbus-1-2 and now explorer.exe starts normally.
>

> > I have the same problem with vmware. And now it solved too.How did you ever figure that out? :-)
>
> Scott

shizeon

Dec 11, 2006, 10:40:20 PM12/11/06
to Google-Labs-Picasa-for-Linux
I was able to solve this problem by adding a line to the picasa startup
script.

sudo vi /usr/bin/picasa

Add this line near the beginning ( after line 3 )

export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libdbus-1.so.3

This forces the use of the 1-3 dbus libraries and prevents the dbus
conflict from happening.

I had to do the same thing to get vmware workstation working correctly
with edgy.

Hope this helps someone.

- Sean

Dravine

Jan 10, 2007, 7:38:49 PM1/10/07
to Google-Labs-Picasa-for-Linux
Thanks for the tip Sean, worked great for me.