Can't start Picasa on Opensuse 10.2

1 view

andy

Jul 7, 2007, 5:02:52 AM7/7/07
to Google-Labs-Picasa-for-Linux
I have successfully installed the latest rpm for Picasa on opensuse
10.2 64bit. However it will not run. I get the following:

main:/home/andrew # WINEDEBUG=1 picasa
wine: failed to initialize: /usr/local/lib/wine/ntdll.dll.so: cannot
wine: failed to initialize: /usr/local/lib/wine/ntdll.dll.so: cannot
wine: failed to initialize: /usr/local/lib/wine/ntdll.dll.so: cannot
wine: failed to initialize: /usr/local/lib/wine/ntdll.dll.so: cannot

There is no wine installed in this /usr/local/lib.
Is there any way to tell picasa to loom n the correct directory for
wine?

Thanks
Andy

Michael

Jul 9, 2007, 2:50:07 PM7/9/07
to Google-Labs-Picasa-for-Linux
There is a known incompatibility with recent versions of opensuse. The
next version of Picasa should fix this. Unfortunately, there is no
known workaround for the current release.

Michael

andy

Jul 10, 2007, 1:51:38 PM7/10/07
to Google-Labs-Picasa-for-Linux
Thanks for the update, much appreciated. Guess I'll have to wait a bit
longer.

On Jul 10, 6:50 am, Michael <mtmm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a known incompatibility with recent versions ofopensuse. The

mcj0422

Jul 25, 2007, 12:30:39 AM7/25/07
to Google-Labs-Picasa-for-Linux
Is there an expected date as to when this new release should be due
out to fix this issue? because I too am having the same exact problem.
or maybe someone found a work around by this time?

dank

Jul 25, 2007, 10:06:47 AM7/25/07
On Jul 24, 9:30 pm, mcj0422 <mcj0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there an expected date as to when this new release should be due...?

Nope. Sometime this summer. It's very close, but
we keep finding things we missed.
- Dan

Sven

Jul 25, 2007, 11:51:57 AM7/25/07
to Google-Labs-Picasa-for-Linux
Hi!

On 7 Jul., 11:02, andy <andrew.spack...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have successfully installed the latest rpm for Picasa on opensuse
> 10.2 64bit. However it will not run. I get the following:

If your error is 64-bit related this might not help you, yet picasa
does work on opensuse 10.2. If you have wine installed then try to run
it via konsole and

wine /opt/picasa...Picasa2.exe

or remove wine from your computer (picasa brings its own) and remove
the .wine from your user's home.

Sven