OpenOffice and Hebrew

mi...@canaan.co.il

Mar 16, 2005, 7:25:25 AM3/16/05
to Google-Desktop-Plug...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone

I was really happy to find out about this plugin.
My main problem its not scan the words of an RTL languages.

I checked the source and the Hebrew letters show right and are defined
as Unicode.

Any idea ?

Larry Gadea

Mar 16, 2005, 3:59:57 PM3/16/05
to Google-Desktop-Plug...@googlegroups.com
Hey.

Currently this OpenOffice plugin doesn't support Unicode. This is a
feature I will be working on in the future.

-- Larry Gadea

mi...@canaan.co.il

Mar 17, 2005, 4:42:11 AM3/17/05
to Google-Desktop-Plug...@googlegroups.com

Waiting eagerly :)

Harry

Mar 18, 2005, 10:30:55 PM3/18/05
to Google-Desktop-Plug...@googlegroups.com
So, Can I Use OO.o plugin in Korean when you will complete this feature
support Unicode?

I expect that..:)

I want to use Google Desktop Search and your plugin. ;)

Jeongkyu Kim

Mar 19, 2005, 8:12:09 AM3/19/05
to Google-Desktop-Plug...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The string in the openoffice.org xml file is utf-8 encoded string.
However, variant type has only 2 choices - ansi or unicode. So, if we
just convert utf-8 into unicode then it will work. I pasted my test
implementation below. It seems to work for me with Korean. You can
download compiled binary for testing at
http://oooko.ncity.net/files/goooplugin.zip .

bool LarGDSPlugin::SendTextFileEvent(...)
{
if (SUCCEEDED(hr)) {
hr = spEvent->AddProperty(CComBSTR(L"format"),
CComVariant(ContentType.c_str()));
}

if (SUCCEEDED(hr)) {
// get exact buffer size
int n = MultiByteToWideChar(CP_UTF8, 0, Content.c_str(),
Content.size(), 0, 0);
LPOLESTR buffer = new OLECHAR[n];
//convert utf-8 to unicode
MultiByteToWideChar(CP_UTF8, 0, Content.c_str(), Content.size(),
buffer, n);
// assign content property
hr = spEvent->AddProperty(CComBSTR(L"content"),
CComVariant(buffer));
delete[] buffer;
}

Thanks for your great job, Larry :-)

Larry Gadea

Mar 20, 2005, 12:15:01 AM3/20/05
to Google-Desktop-Plug...@googlegroups.com
Hey.

Wow, thats excellent! I'll look into implementing that into the plugin.

-- Larry Gadea

Jeongkyu Kim

Mar 20, 2005, 9:16:24 PM3/20/05
to Google-Desktop-Plug...@googlegroups.com

Thanks :-) I hope more people can enjoy the plugin in their language
soon.

-Jeongkyu Kim

Zebar

Apr 7, 2005, 7:50:44 AM4/7/05
to Google-Desktop-Plug...@googlegroups.com
Hello!
Now I get this result on openoffice files^
Копир Xerox.sxw
РїРёСЃРєР° Р’ СЃРІСЏР·Рё СЃ
физическим износом
копировального
аппарата Xerox и
выходом его РёР
(Language is Russian)

And I wait, where OO plugin can work with unicode.

WBR, Zebar