Troubles on WinXP

1 view

Hynee

Aug 27, 2005, 11:17:39 AM8/27/05
to Google-Desktop-Plugin-Kongulo
Hi, I've tried running it from the command line, and this is what I
get:

C:\path_to\kongulo>kongulo -d 1 http://localhost/
::: (1) http://localhost/
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "kongulo.py", line 399, in ?
File "kongulo.py", line 395, in Main
File "kongulo.py", line 301, in Crawl
File "<COMObject GoogleDesktopSearch.EventFactory>", line 2, in
CreateEvent
pywintypes.com_error: (-2147352567, 'Exception occurred.', (0,
'GoogleDesktopSea
rch.EventFactory.1', 'Component not registered', None, 0, -2147221502),
None)

I've downloaded the precompiled version of it from desktop.google.com
rather than SourceForge, have copied the python DLL's so
WINDOWS\System32, and already have msvcr71.dll in there, even though I
see no need for it. I guess it was compiled using VisualStudio.

I also tried quoting anything fancy (the "http://localhost" bit),
trying a numerical address (the loopback) expanding the options
(--depth=1) etc.

Jay

Aug 29, 2005, 8:40:34 PM8/29/05
to Google-Desktop-Plugin-Kongulo
I had the same problem...

Solution: uninstall 2.0 beta, install 1.0 English. Either that, or grab
the SDK, fire up Visual Studio and get crackin'...

-- J

Mr.Green

Sep 21, 2005, 6:43:31 AM9/21/05
to Google-Desktop-Plugin-Kongulo
I can't get further than that either, I used this command line:
C:\..\kongulo -d 3 -l http://intranet/index.php -p mrg...@mydomain.com
I could enter my password and than it gave the same error.

please help us work this out in desktop search 2.0..