My Bookmarks Disappeared!

mattph...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2007, 6:50:58 PM10/17/07
to Google Bookmarks
Am I SOL? Seriously this is not cool.

Help please.

bmanhas

Oct 17, 2007, 7:06:33 PM10/17/07
to Google Bookmarks
same here, usually they fix it

On Oct 17, 3:50 pm, "mattphili...@gmail.com" <mattphili...@gmail.com>
wrote:

mattph...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2007, 8:46:30 PM10/17/07
to Google Bookmarks
Nice, just need to use Google Bookmarks instead of Bookmarks gadget!

On Oct 17, 5:50 pm, "mattphili...@gmail.com" <mattphili...@gmail.com>

phil...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2007, 11:08:14 PM10/17/07
to Google Bookmarks

On Oct 17, 8:46 pm, "mattphili...@gmail.com" <mattphili...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Nice, just need to use Google Bookmarks instead of Bookmarks gadget!

That's unacceptable. The "Improved" Google Bookmarks slows down the
page loading dramatically. I want lightweight and fast, damnit!

Mike Pier

Dec 1, 2007, 8:14:43 PM12/1/07
to Google Bookmarks
has this been fixed? it just started happening to me... all my
bookmarks are gone.

what should i do?

Erglmop

Jan 15, 2008, 1:21:24 PM1/15/08
to Google Bookmarks
Most (but not all) my bookmarks disappeared today. About half of
200. They are not on the toolbar dropdown or on the manage notebook/
bookmarks page. Strange thing is the label list on the bottom left
pane shows the correct number of bookmarks in parens next to each
label. But the actual bookmarks do not show up.

Also been having lots of OOPS errors in GMail... what's happening with
this service??!
> > page loading dramatically.  I want lightweight and fast, damnit!- Hide quoted text -

dw72

Jan 16, 2008, 11:51:35 PM1/16/08
to Google Bookmarks
Mine too - this is happening randomly over the past 2 weeks - just
lost a bunch of really crucial bookmarks. Anyone know I can retrieve
them?

Erglmop

Jan 17, 2008, 10:58:30 AM1/17/08
to Google Bookmarks
Well, all my bookmarks came back yesterday but the same thing is
happening again today. Most are now missing again. This is really
frustrating.

JohnM5

Jan 17, 2008, 12:33:47 PM1/17/08
to Google Bookmarks
Google Notebook also shows bookmarks in its unfilled label. You can
look there or in Notebook's trash. Maybe you'll get lucky?

Erglmop

Jan 18, 2008, 10:14:28 AM1/18/08
to Google Bookmarks
I uninstalled toolbar v5 and reinstalled v4. All my bookmarks show up
on the toolbar now, and in the old manage bookmarks page. The new
toolbar and new notebook/bookmark page seem to be having problems. I
don't think it's ready for prime time. I also found the bookmark/
notebook integration very confusing to use (and I'm a UI designer).

dougie

Jan 24, 2008, 5:59:25 PM1/24/08
to Google Bookmarks
Well my bookmarks disappeared just now : happened during idle on
firefox using igoogle bookmarks gadget: any advice on recovery: This
stinks!

On - Show quoted text -

dougie

Jan 24, 2008, 6:02:42 PM1/24/08
to Google Bookmarks
I found them in google notebook: any way to reimport them easily or
should i move to a better platform?

PK

Jan 24, 2008, 6:11:04 PM1/24/08
to Google Bookmarks
Hi,

I lost most of my bookmarks today. The funny thing is I can see only
last 5 days bookmarks. The bookmarks which I added in the last 5 days.
All the rest are gone.

PLS HELP. THAT IS MY NET JOURNEY OF LAST FEW YEARS.

thatmarkguy

Jan 24, 2008, 6:12:28 PM1/24/08
to Google Bookmarks
I found mine there too, i was very glad. It looks like Google may be
merging the bookmarks and notebook applications. based on the fact
that your bookmarks disapears and came back again, I bet they are
doing some maintenance, or merging the two apps is just taking more
than an over-nighter by a couple googlers.

I would wait a few days to see if they fix the tag/label code, and if
not then get to work on tagging all your old bookmarks.

TrevorLee

Jan 24, 2008, 6:38:25 PM1/24/08
to Google Bookmarks
Just had this problem too...they were working about a half hour ago (I
use them ALL the time).

They are not appearing in my notebook either, *ugh*

I hope this gets resolved/recovered soon...this sucks :(

Munra

Jan 24, 2008, 6:53:44 PM1/24/08
to Google Bookmarks
i have the same problem.
And they are not appearing in my notebook, so
what is happening.
Fix it.

KLJennings

Jan 24, 2008, 6:58:00 PM1/24/08
to Google Bookmarks
Mine disappeared about an hour ago. I found them all listed under
"unfiled bookmarks" in google notebook. Will they fix this? Is there
some way to get them from my notebook, back into my bookmarks tab?
This really does suck!

TrevorLee

Jan 24, 2008, 7:03:17 PM1/24/08
to Google Bookmarks
ah'hah!

I found mine under unfiled bookmarks in notebok too...guess I might've
been looking in the wrong place, or they have re-appeared.

I'd be wary of going in and editing anything though, for fear that I
might screw up something in the process of them maybe restoring their
junk, and me restoring mine...

I'll just wait it out, and have a bit of faith that the powers that be
will fix it...

nonef

Jan 24, 2008, 7:04:19 PM1/24/08
to Google Bookmarks
Mine's too.
The only latest 3 bookmarks shows up at http://www.google.com/bookmarks
.
But I found all (include above 3) stuffs at http://www.google.com/notebook
.

Seems there are no risk for loosing all the bookmarks. but it's so
stressful....

Munra

Jan 24, 2008, 7:15:53 PM1/24/08
to Google Bookmarks
well i found all my bookmarks in notebook under unfield bookmarsk so i
go to (in notebook) tools and then export as bookmarks but just export
the same 27 that appear in google bookmarks button and in manage
bookmarks. so i hope that fix it and don't lose anyone becouse a have
788 bookmarks a i need it.

On Jan 24, 7:03 pm, TrevorLee <trevorlee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ah'hah!
>
> I found mine under unfiledbookmarksin notebok too...guess I might've
> been looking in the wrong place, or they have re-appeared.
>
> I'd be wary of going in and editing anything though, for fear that I
> might screw up something in the process of them maybe restoring their
> junk, and me restoring mine...
>
> I'll just wait it out, and have a bit of faith that the powers that be
> will fix it...
>
> On Jan 24, 6:58 pm, KLJennings <kljenni...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Minedisappearedabout an hour ago. I found them all listed under
> > "unfiledbookmarks" ingooglenotebook. Will they fix this? Is there
> > some way to get them from my notebook, back into mybookmarkstab?
> > This really does suck!
>
> > On Jan 24, 6:53 pm, Munra <cesa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > i have the same problem.
> > > And they are not appearing in my notebook, so
> > > what is happening.
> > > Fix it.

Bobert Hepker

Jan 24, 2008, 7:18:51 PM1/24/08
to Google Bookmarks
Same issue here, all but 2 (recently added) bookmarks are missing,
found them in notebook, PUT THEM BACK GOOGLE!

Jason

Jan 24, 2008, 7:25:56 PM1/24/08
to Google Bookmarks
Same trouble here. My bookmarks have disappeared also. They are all
listed in the Unfiled Bookmarks section of the notebook, but not on
the Google Bookmarks page (http://www.google.com/bookmarks/). I can
create new bookmarks and they appear, but old bookmarks do not appear.

Bobert Hepker

Jan 24, 2008, 7:32:01 PM1/24/08
to Google Bookmarks
Is anyone else using the Google Bookmarks Button extension for
Firefox?

Marf

Jan 24, 2008, 7:39:47 PM1/24/08
to Google Bookmarks
Yeah, same here. All under unfiled bookmarks in Google notebook, only
the ones I've added in the last few days are showing in my bookmarks.

delfick755

Jan 24, 2008, 7:40:57 PM1/24/08
to Google Bookmarks
I have the same issue.

the gmarks extension (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/
2888), firefox google bookmarks extension (https://addons.mozilla.org/
en-US/firefox/addon/2448) and the google bookmark manager (http://
www.google.com/bookmarks/?zx=-ibi_nOQiI4&ctz=-540) all only show one
bookmark (the latest one I added)

though fortunately, as people found out above, it's under unfiled
bookmarks in google notebook :D
(so it's all good :))

Munra

Jan 24, 2008, 7:44:09 PM1/24/08
to Google Bookmarks
yes, i am, but i think that this don't have nothing to be with this.
i wrote to pauthomas that is the person of Google Bookmarks Button
extension and he said that other people pass the same and give me a
link of google groups i don't remember if was this (because i am
reading other groups that talk about the same problem.) and other
people use the google toolbar beta so i think that the problem is of
Google.

On Jan 24, 7:32 pm, Bobert Hepker <brian.par...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is anyone else using theGoogleBookmarksButton extension for
> Firefox?
>
> On Jan 24, 7:25 pm, Jason <jrlo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Same trouble here. Mybookmarkshavedisappearedalso. They are all
> > listed in the UnfiledBookmarkssection of the notebook, but not on
> > theGoogleBookmarkspage (http://www.google.com/bookmarks/). I can
> > create newbookmarksand they appear, but oldbookmarksdo not appear.
>
> > On Jan 24, 7:18 pm, Bobert Hepker <brian.par...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Same issue here, all but 2 (recently added)bookmarksare missing,
> > > found them in notebook, PUT THEM BACKGOOGLE!

Jason

Jan 24, 2008, 7:59:56 PM1/24/08
to Google Bookmarks
Ahh... Interesting... If you try to delete one of the bookmarks
that's not showing up, you will get this message:

"Unable to delete note. Please try again in a little while."

I expect all the bookmarks will appear back as soon as Google fixes
this problem. Hopefully that will be soon. I really don't think the
Bookmarks should be mixed in with the Notebook. And they really don't
belong in the Search History section either. They need to have their
own section.

On Jan 24, 7:40 pm, delfick755 <delfick...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have the same issue.
>
> the gmarks extension (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/
> 2888), firefox google bookmarks extension (https://addons.mozilla.org/
> en-US/firefox/addon/2448) and the google bookmark manager (http://www.google.com/bookmarks/?zx=-ibi_nOQiI4&ctz=-540) all only show one

Jason

Jan 24, 2008, 8:01:39 PM1/24/08
to Google Bookmarks
Same thing. the majority of my bookmarks disappeared. It started
around 5:00pm today. They are in google notebook under 'unfiled'. Has
anyone found a way to export them, even into some word or excel file?

Nikunj

Jan 24, 2008, 11:14:45 PM1/24/08
to Google Bookmarks
Mine too. Most of the labels as well as bookmarks within the labels
are gone.

Jason

Jan 25, 2008, 12:14:29 AM1/25/08
to Google Bookmarks
My bookmarks are all working now! I'm not sure if they just started
working by themselves, or if I caused them to start working again. I
was playing around in the notebook, deleting a couple of items,
undeleting them, and changing around a few labels. I cleared out all
the old junk that was in the trash. Next thing I know, I checked the
bookmarks page (http://www.google.com/bookmarks), and everything was
back. I closed the browser, opened it back, and then they were all
listed in my toolbar.

Seems to be fixed now, for me at least.

On Jan 24, 7:40 pm, delfick755 <delfick...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have the same issue.
>
> the gmarks extension (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/
> 2888), firefox google bookmarks extension (https://addons.mozilla.org/
> en-US/firefox/addon/2448) and the google bookmark manager (http://www.google.com/bookmarks/?zx=-ibi_nOQiI4&ctz=-540) all only show one

dougie

Jan 25, 2008, 2:02:46 AM1/25/08
to Google Bookmarks
some were just added back , only about half: strange. google sucks in
this case

dougie

Jan 25, 2008, 2:03:53 AM1/25/08
to Google Bookmarks
does google monitor this thread?

Jason

Jan 25, 2008, 7:31:23 AM1/25/08
to Google Bookmarks
Mine are back this morning. Its kind of scary. If a 'GDrive' product
ever comes out I hope this same kind of thing wouldn't happen there
too.

Munra

Jan 25, 2008, 9:12:20 AM1/25/08
to Google Bookmarks
mine are back too, in this morning.
Google almost make me cry.
I have all my lables and notes.

bziuum

Jan 25, 2008, 5:49:49 PM1/25/08
to Google Bookmarks
It's really not funny. I'm a heavy GoogleBookmarks user for the last
12 month, and when I saw today I only had the links gathered during
the last 2 days I just freaked out. Then I read all the post above and
fortunetly found them all as Unfiled bookmarks in the Notebook. But
that is seriously not funny when i look at the bottom right corner and
see "Showing 20 of 1818". I only hope that it's going to get back to
normal soon, because I havent got a free month to sort them and tag
them.

I really hope it's a "one time" thing only or a new REALLY BIG update
to the bookmarks, because it sure isnt funny...

bziuum

Jan 26, 2008, 5:11:02 PM1/26/08
to Google Bookmarks
So... everything got back to normal today.

No more scary moments like does any more please.

hcccs

Feb 4, 2008, 5:00:21 AM2/4/08
to Google Bookmarks
I'm not sure I can help but the same thing happened to me. It turned
out that I logged in to Google using the wrong email address. I'm not
using Gmail but I thought I had to use the gmail account when logging
in to Google and when I did all the bookmarks were gone - or they were
never there in the first place. I tried to login with my hotmail
account and - there they were, all of them. This may not be the
problems other have but now I have figured out my own.

> - Visa citerad text -

jjdoyon1

Apr 2, 2008, 8:25:01 PM4/2/08
to Google Bookmarks
Ya... amen to all the above... I am having problems with the toolbar
bookmarks not working as well... losing bookmarks is equivelent to
losing emails... this is absolutely not acceptable... Google needs to
get on this problem right now.

1) Bookmarks inconsistantly disappear.
2) Bookmarks will not refresh
3) Message that IE7 is offline when it is online.

paul wilson

Feb 14, 2014, 4:07:07 AM2/14/14
to google-b...@googlegroups.com, Google Bookmarks
just happened to me
the bookmarks toolbar is turned off
go to google settings(top right) and search bookmarks
turn back on
worked for me...good luck

On Thursday, October 18, 2007 9:50:58 AM UTC+11, mattph...@gmail.com wrote:
Am I SOL?  Seriously this is not cool.

Help please.

Michael do Carmo

Feb 14, 2014, 6:12:17 AM2/14/14
to google-b...@googlegroups.com, Google Bookmarks
This is now the second time a folder from my bookmarks bar disappears.
Its really rather annoying! If this happens again, Im just going to drop Chrome for good.

papab...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2014, 1:10:50 AM4/26/14
to google-b...@googlegroups.com, Google Bookmarks
I tried every thing I could think of.  I tried to do restore and it didn't work, then I saw those three dark lines at the top right, clicked on it and it said, "Show bookmarks." I clicked and there they are again.  Hope this helps.