Web advanced search - working & not working criteria list

reichamir

Jan 6, 2009, 2:36:11 AM1/6/09
to Google AJAX APIs
Hi
I am using non-javascript environment. And have some criterias that
doesn't working :-\
If some one can help, it will be great !

Not working:
- Region = query string "cr=countryUG"
- Date = query string "as_qdr=d"
- Usage rights: = query string "as_rights= (cc_publicdomain|
cc_attribute|cc_sharealike|cc_noncommercial|cc_nonderived)"

Working:
- All words = phrase - as is.. :)
- exact wording = "pharase"
- one or more words = word OR word
- unwanted words = -word –word
- language = query string "lr=lang_iw"
- file type = filetype:ppt pharse
- appearance = allinurl: pharse
- site = site:url pharse
- related pages = related: url
- linked pages = link: url

TNX, amir

Ben Lisbakken

Jan 6, 2009, 11:15:30 AM1/6/09
to Google-AJAX...@googlegroups.com
Hey Amir --

It seems you have looked into this very thoughtfully :)

Here are some answers:
For date, try adding daterange=2450958-2450968 into your query.  The daterange being a Julian date (read more about that here http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10165_7-6206764-2.html).  Remember, add it into your Query, not as a CGI argument.  An example is here:

Unfortunately we don't have interfaces for those other queries you asked for (region, usage rights).  As you may have noticed there are two ways of filtering results in web search via our web interface (aka google.com).  One is by modifying the CGI arguments, such as as_qdr=d.  The other is by modifying your query, such as "ben site:google.com".  Our API accepts all of the valid query modifiers, but the only CGI arguments we accept are in our documentation.  Thus, why an API search for "Google%20daterange=2450958-2450968" works, but searching "Google" with &as_qdr=d does not.

-Ben

reichamir

Jan 9, 2009, 2:35:00 AM1/9/09
to Google AJAX APIs