BlogBar Site restriction

Vision Jinx

Mar 16, 2007, 10:15:28 AM3/16/07
to Google AJAX Search API
Is there a way to set site restrictions for the BlogBar? (search
specific blogs only.)

I also want to see if I can make a Google Gadget where people can set
the site restrictions and add their own search terms using the list
item feature (to the executeList) is this possible?

Thanks again, and great stuff here 8)
Vision Jinx

Vision Jinx

Mar 16, 2007, 10:18:02 AM3/16/07
to Google AJAX Search API
Yikes! would this violate the TOS maybe? (about the Gadget)

Vision Jinx

Mar 16, 2007, 11:47:09 AM3/16/07
to Google AJAX Search API
This makes a pretty cool little Google gadget and I got a site
restriction to work by just using " term site:mydomain.com", (still
prefer a javascript setting/option if possible). I just haven't got
the gadget list items/terms part to work yet (how to output from an
array to the execute list). So just wondering about the TOS issue. Is
this something you can gadgetize?

Thanks again,
Vision Jinx

kurren

Mar 19, 2007, 8:16:25 PM3/19/07
to Google AJAX Search API
I guess you are looking for something like this:
http://code.google.com/apis/ajaxsearch/samples.html#_site-restrict-cse_

k.

mhl

Mar 22, 2007, 10:30:38 PM3/22/07
to Google AJAX Search API

CyberCoder

Mar 23, 2007, 8:03:20 AM3/23/07
to Google-AJAX...@googlegroups.com
Great!

Now......

Any chance a list can be passed for multiple sites?

Vision Jinx

Mar 23, 2007, 8:42:21 AM3/23/07
to Google AJAX Search API
LMAO! I was just thinking the same thing, but didn't want to push my
luck ;-)

Thx again!
Vision Jinx

BTW - I am still seeing that IE bug thing.

On Mar 23, 5:03 am, CyberCoder <cyberco...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Great!
>
> Now......
>
> Any chance a list can be passed for multiple sites?
>
> On 3/22/07, mhl <mhl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Done:
>
> >http://googleajaxsearchapi.blogspot.com/2007/03/blog-bar-update.html
>

> >http://www.google.com/uds/solutions/blogbar/reference.html#_siterestr...
>
> > /**
> > * restrict results tohttp://googleajaxsearchapi.blogspot.com/

> > */
> > options = {
> > siteRestriction : "http://googleajaxsearchapi.blogspot.com/",
> > autoExecuteList : {
> > executeList : [ "Bar", "YouTube", "News"]
> > }
> > };
>
> > On Mar 19, 5:16 pm, "kurren" <a.pianabia...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I guess you are looking for something like this:
> >http://code.google.com/apis/ajaxsearch/samples.html#_site-restrict-cse_
>
> > > k.

> --http://www.cybersview.comhttp://www.musicians-blognet.com

CyberCoder

Mar 23, 2007, 8:53:50 AM3/23/07
to Google AJAX Search API
You mean I could have waited and let someone else be pushy for a
change, rofl.....