slow forwarding?

alannie

Jan 8, 2009, 12:51:23 PM1/8/09
to Gmail-Users
Is anyone else experiencing slow Gmail forwarding? I forward to
another account, and I have noticed delays of several hours for about
a week now.

Zack (Doc)

Jan 8, 2009, 1:51:19 PM1/8/09
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
E-mail is not a guaranteed delivery system and delays are common and
can range from minutes to days. It's likely some temporary problem
between GMail and the address you're sending it to. I've not
experienced any consistent delays in e-mails myself.
--

Paul Valery - "The trouble with our times is that the future is not
what it used to be."

Joe K

Jan 19, 2009, 10:07:15 AM1/19/09
to Gmail-Users
I am having a similar problem. I have 4 domains with all of their
email hosted by Gmail. MX records are all pointing to Gmail servers.
I have one master account that all of the domains forward all email
to. If I send email to the domains listed (from an outside personal
gmail account not related) I am experiencing delays and sometimes the
messages don't get delivered at all. They will get delivered to the
domains email box, but for some reason or another they don't forward
to the main account.

Are their troubleshooting steps to take?

On Jan 8, 1:51 pm, "Zack (Doc)" <z...@tnan.net> wrote:
> E-mail is not a guaranteed delivery system and delays are common and
> can range from minutes to days.  It's likely some temporary problem
> between GMail and the address you're sending it to.  I've not
> experienced any consistent delays in e-mails myself.

JohnW

Jan 19, 2009, 11:13:16 AM1/19/09
to Gmail-Users
Try going through:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=80446&topic=14821
.
Even if it doesn't help it 'll allow you to Report your issue!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joe K

Jan 20, 2009, 10:28:38 AM1/20/09
to Gmail-Users
Thanks, but slowness within the application isn't really what is
happening. The slowness is coming from behind the scenes in the
servers gmail is using to pass the traffic. I'll keep digging on that
link though and see if there is something else.

Thanks.

Joe K

Jan 31, 2009, 9:28:13 AM1/31/09
to Gmail-Users
I figured it out.

My hosting company had screwed up the MX records and only had 3 of the
entries in there. One 10, one 20, and one 30 priority.

Once I got them straight they worked great.