FISA

JG

Nov 14, 2008, 11:50:52 PM11/14/08
to Get FISA Right Discussion
I agree that FISA and other civil rights issues must be addressed. I
am not sure of the timing, but I might be convinced to begin the
campaign sooner than later.

kbe...@peoplepc.com

Nov 15, 2008, 11:00:21 AM11/15/08
to GetFISArigh...@googlegroups.com
Me too! KB

Lane

Nov 15, 2008, 11:43:22 AM11/15/08
to GetFISArigh...@googlegroups.com
We have waited a long time with our rights having been revoked. This has to be addressed immediately and the Obama administration needs to understand that we will not go away empty-handed, when we came for what is rightfully ours.

Charles Sawyer

Nov 15, 2008, 12:17:05 PM11/15/08
to GetFISArigh...@googlegroups.com
Obama and his administration has to address these issues in his first
term in office. If they don't they will have proven with his earlier
vote to aprove the FISA Bill, they can not be trusted any better than
anyone else. What has happened to the republican party with people
stop believing in them, will happen to the democrat party with Obama
if they don't. The only reason many of us voted for him and ot a
third party as originally plained in many cases, was because Palin
scared us when we listen to her. Democratic can only hope that the
republican party choses Palin in 2012 to run against Obama for his
second term. If they were to chose a more moderate republican again
but that person choses better for a VP, it could be a third party vote
back for many of us if nothing is down by Obama's administration on
FISA and the Patriot Act.

Charles
--
=====

http://www.myspace.com/afdadcharles/

Disabled-American-Veterans

Iowa_Genealogy_Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Iowa_Genealogy_Group/

Sawyer Family Tree Info:
http://www.sawyerfamilytree.info

WARNING: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, with Congressional
Approval, the National Security Agency may have read this email
without warning, warrant, or notice. They may do this without any
judicial or legislative oversight.
=====

Laura Schneider

Nov 17, 2008, 12:17:27 AM11/17/08
to GetFISArigh...@googlegroups.com
Do you honestly have to wait for more proof that Obama can't be trusted.
His FISA vote, his flip-flop on off-shore drilling, his back-pedaling on tax
breaks (can't afford them in this economy), his back-pedaling on getting out
of Iraq within his original time limit (now it depends on "facts on the
ground" -- just like GWB). More of the same. The hopey-changey rhetoric
was just that -- rhetoric.

Laura Schneider

Nov 17, 2008, 12:24:07 AM11/17/08
to GetFISArigh...@googlegroups.com

Don’t hold your breath.  No president is likely to GIVE UP power without being forced to.  He will rationalize to himself that he won’t use it unless he absolutely has to, etc.  And what conditions would justify that?  It is a slippery slope that ends with us going over the cliff and going splat at the bottom of the canyon.

No president has or ever will give up power unless he has to.  He now has this power.  He voted knowing he could (or maybe even would) win the presidency and have use of that power.  He told us he would not vote for it, but he did.

Power won out over our rights this past summer, and it will after January 20th as well.

Don’t hold your breath….

Nov 17, 2008, 9:35:05 AM11/17/08
to GetFISArigh...@googlegroups.com
I agree with you Luara, but what was the option here? Putting someone
like Palin in the path for the Presidency was to important to stop,
which was Obama's luckiest day when McCain had chosen her! If he had
chosen anyone of many others, many of us or at least I would of went
ahead of voted third party. I believe many others would of as well
from his grass roots here in Iowa, if it hadn't been for Palin. So
McCain could of been President, if Palin wasn't his choose.

If he doesn't do work on it, we will just have to wait and see, but he
could lose our support in his run for a second term. This all depends
on who is picked by the republicans to run against him as well. The
right feels that they lost because of McCain's to moderate, and a more
conservative person would of won, which they are wrong, although they
could be correct, as according to stats, many conservatives stayed
home and didn't vote because they didn't like McCain. If they would
of voted, the vote would of been much closer and it was real close in
many states Obama won that he turned blue.

If Obama does nothing, and the moderate democrats and independents do
what the conservatives did this election, in the next, Obama could
lose a re-election bid very easy. Many of the young new voters could
also become disillusioned with the system in four years as well. Many
of the young people that will be able to vote in four years will have
enough time to listen and really wonder what their vote counts for if
he does nothing he promised.

Charles

--
=====
Yahoo Groups Questions and Answers Group

Lane

Nov 17, 2008, 3:03:42 PM11/17/08
to GetFISArigh...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Charles, for your intelligent post. I too would have voted independent and planed to till Sarah Palin got involved. That decided it for me.( when the hair stands up on the back of your neck you pay attention. I´m sure Laura feels something like that with Obama. It´s a quandary. We only have today, lets go from here and see if O voluntarily does the best for Civil Liberties, or what kind of pressure we can drum up together. Lets get to work, you youngsters, you oldsters, you middle agesters. Somebody lead and lets go. Lets put our differences behind us and go for some FREEDOM!

Nov 20, 2008, 11:24:52 AM11/20/08
to Get FISA Right Discussion
I took a stab at summarizing the discussion to date (here and on the
message board) at http://get-fisa-right.wetpaint.com/page/Now+what%3F