version 0.9.9 bookmarklet bug/hack?

Freitag

Dec 22, 2008, 11:52:10 PM12/22/08
to GMarks
Whenever I try to store a bookmarklet, it turns into a link to porn at
gmarksbookmarklet.com (this link is NSFW)

Have I been hacked?

John Marshall

Dec 23, 2008, 12:01:17 AM12/23/08
to GMa...@googlegroups.com
No... I need to change the url, which I will in the next version which
took me to long to release. I was stupid and someone took advantage.
The reason the bookmarklet code is put in the notes and I use a dummy
url is because google strips bookmarklets from the feed gmarks uses.
It should still show up as a bookmarklet in gmarks. Does it not?

Freitag

Dec 23, 2008, 12:09:29 AM12/23/08
to GMarks
I think I have a conflict with NoScript possibly that is preventing it
from working totally right. Instead of working it just takes me to
the fake url which the cyber squatter grabbed out from under you.

One suggestion, if you still have to put in a fake url, allow that to
be user configurable (but default to whatever you choose) so that
paranoid folks can substitute and url they own.

I first discovered the porn site sat work :(

John Marshall

Dec 23, 2008, 12:11:46 AM12/23/08
to GMa...@googlegroups.com
I changed it to point to some random page on google. I'm really sorry
about the problem. I can't change any of your currently existing
bookmarks though.

Freitag

Dec 23, 2008, 1:12:23 AM12/23/08
to GMarks
Well, for the record, I love the software. It's the pornographers
that I detest.

Could I alter it myself locally by editing this?

BKMKLET_URL: "gmarksbookmarklet.com",

Freitag

Dec 23, 2008, 1:33:02 AM12/23/08
to GMarks
It gives me a different version of the same problem.

I changed it to "gmarksbookmarklet555555555.com" and instead of
dumping me at a pron site, I just got the generic "Address Not Found"

http://www.gmarksbookmarklet555555555.com/bkmklet?str=Iah2S2U1oHsAaA64PwPS4deA7h6TOQK3RsTTGJyJ

At least it didn't dump me into junk again.

I guess this answers my own question - changing the bookmarklet url
variable doesn't help make the function work.

John Marshall

Dec 23, 2008, 1:37:14 AM12/23/08
to GMa...@googlegroups.com
Or you could download 0.9.10b5, ignore the beta in the name, it is
probably better than the current version anyway. Let me know if you
still have the problem with new bookmarks you have created.