Problems with extra tabs being opened.

Jim Nelson

Nov 2, 2011, 6:39:49 PM11/2/11
to Nadya Nosonovsky, foxpr...@googlegroups.com
Naomi --

I see that you have been having some problems and am glad that Matt has been asking some questions to try to find out what is going wrong.

I do not have Chrome on my laptop, but do at home, and did not have any problems with it, so I am a little stumped.

There are a couple of things I do not understand.

First, you need to check for updates manually.  Run 'Check For Updates' from the Thor pull-down menu.

Second, you doing   Do Thor With 'Run'  opens two new tabs in your Browser.  That is bizarre, since the only part of Thor that does anything with the browser is 'Check For Updates'

Third, you say *Pressing f12 to run Thor opens* two new tabs.  You only need to run Thor once, at the beginning of your IDE session, which allows you to create menus, hot keys, etc.  Once you have done so, you do not need to run Thor again in that same IDE session.

But I suspect something else may be going on here.  Can you please zip the contents of your Thor\Tables folder and send them to my personal email (JimRN...@GMail.Com)?  There may be something there that will lend a clue to what is going on.

Jim

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Universal Thread" <mfou...@universalthread.com>
Date: November 2, 2011 4:47:50 PM CDT
To: "Matt Slay" <matt...@jordanmachine.com>
Subject: Universal Thread: Re: Major update released for Thor and Thor Repository

Re: Major update released for Thor and Thor Repository
Forum:Visual FoxPro
Category:Coding, syntax & commands
Thread ID:1527180
Message ID:1527889
From:Naomi Nosonovsky
To:Matt Slay
Date: November 2nd, 2011

>>>What tries to open CodePlex web pages? Thor? GoFish? Check for Updates????
>>>

>>>Which one?
>>
>>Invoking Thor with 'Run' opens 2 new tabs in Google Chrome.
>>
>>I closed them. Then running 'Check for Updates' opened 4 new tabs in GC.
>>
>>Running GoFish does not open new tabs.
>

>Please tell me what URL each tab is pointing to.

Pressing f12 to run Thor opens
http://vfpx.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Thor%20Repository (last active tab)
and
http://vfpx.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Thor%20Help
If it's not broken, fix it until it is.

My Blog

PluralSight Learning Library

--
Jim Nelson
(805) 498-9195 (voice + fax)

MattSlay

Nov 2, 2011, 11:35:27 PM11/2/11
to Thor, the Tool Manager for FoxPro
Naomi - We can tell from reviewing your Thor tables that you have some
Thor Tools which are marked as "Run this tool when Thor Starts". I'm
not sure if you did this on purpose, or accidentally, but that are
marked to run each time Thor is started. That's why you browser is
opening to those pages.

The Tools which you have marked this way are:

Thor_Tool_ThorInternalHelp.PRG
Thor_Tool_ThorInternalEdit.PRG
Thor_Tool_ThorInternalRepositoryHomePage.PRG

You can see that one is the Tool to take you to the Thor Help page on
VFPx, and one is the Tool which takes you to the Thor Repository page
on VFPx.

Ok - Here's how to clear the "Run when Thor starts" setting for the
Tools:

Go to Thor->Setup from the menu, and then click on the Tool
Definitions page. You will see a node in the treeview named (at the
bottom) named "Thor", and you will see the various Thor related Tools
under that node. Click on the "Help Home Page" node, and you will then
see on the right side of the screen a checkbox that reads "Run this
tool when Thor starts". Clear that checkbox. Do the same for
"Repository Home Page"

This should fix your issue.

Happy Thor!!!

Naomi Nosonovsky