Folding@Home Wiki OpenSearch Plugin

shello

Mar 17, 2007, 4:16:11 PM3/17/07
to Folding@Home Wiki
Hi!
First of all, and since I'm new here, thanks to everyone that have
contributed to fahwiki.net. It have been such a great help to me.

Today, I realized that I lose some time (just some seconds loading the
page, no worries!) when I wanted to search for something on FahWiki.
Then, I "built" a little OpenSearch Plugin for FahWiki.

It's here: http://www.portugalfolding.org/fahwiki_os/
Directory has 3 files:
- add-here.html : An almost empty HTML. It has the <link> to search
plugin Autodiscovery. The instructions to add it to Firefox/Internet
Explorer are there too.
- search.xml : The OpenSearch Plugin File.
- icon.ico : It's the FahWiki Favicon.

It should have no bugs, since it's very simple.

If any administrator of FahWiki.net wants to add this to the wiki,
just copy the file. There are no "copyrights" nor licenses. This is
for everyone to use. "Sharing is good." (In fact, this was one of my
first thoughts :P)
The instructions are here:
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Creating_OpenSearch_plugins_for_Firefox#Autodiscovery_of_search_plugins
(this may be the standard).

Regards,
shello - Portugal@Folding

Bas Couwenberg

Mar 17, 2007, 7:56:48 PM3/17/07
to FoldingH...@googlegroups.com
On 3/17/07, shello <shell...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Today, I realized that I lose some time (just some seconds loading the
> page, no worries!) when I wanted to search for something on FahWiki.
> Then, I "built" a little OpenSearch Plugin for FahWiki.

Cool. Thanks for your contribution!

For starters I added your plugin to the FAH Wiki - Searching documentation:
http://fahwiki.net/index.php/FaHWiki:Searching

Regards,

Bas

--
Disclaimer: Any errors in spelling, tact, or fact are transmission errors.

Andrew Schofield

Mar 17, 2007, 8:04:39 PM3/17/07
to FoldingH...@googlegroups.com
Wonderful, thanks for this shello.

And thanks Bas for getting it on the wiki so soon too ;)

--

Andrew Schofield

Get Firefox!   Get Thunderbird!

Clodoaldo

Mar 17, 2007, 8:10:50 PM3/17/07
2007/3/17, shello <shell...@gmail.com>:

> Hi!
> First of all, and since I'm new here, thanks to everyone that have
> contributed to fahwiki.net. It have been such a great help to me.
>
> Today, I realized that I lose some time (just some seconds loading the
> page, no worries!) when I wanted to search for something on FahWiki.
> Then, I "built" a little OpenSearch Plugin for FahWiki.
>
> It's here: http://www.portugalfolding.org/fahwiki_os/

I'm getting a 404 - Not Found

Regards,
--
Clodoaldo Pinto Neto

shello

Mar 17, 2007, 9:11:07 PM3/17/07
to Folding@Home Wiki
Hi!
Thanks for the 'referral' on the page ;)

I just updated the page on P@F's site. Now looks more "friendly", lol.

Regards,
shello

shello

Mar 17, 2007, 9:14:20 PM3/17/07
to Folding@Home Wiki
Hi,
Please, try again now. I was changing some things on the directory.
The default file is now the index.html, the add-here.html does not
exist anymore.