Transfer firefox settings to new computer

Bill (Unique as my name)

May 22, 2007, 10:00:35 PM5/22/07
to Firefox Users
How do I transfer all the nice little Firefox settings I have on my
old computer to my soon to appear new computer. I particularly would
like to transfer the bookmarked icons (and their information) in the
menu at the top of the browser screen.

Thank you.

gopalan vedantham srinivasan

May 22, 2007, 10:52:05 PM5/22/07
to Firefo...@googlegroups.com

On 5/23/07, Bill (Unique as my name) <billy...@gmail.com> wrote:

If you are using various operating system like Linux and windows

then install these extension from the mozilla firefox add-on website

1.

Firefox Extension Backup Extension (FEBE)

FEBE allows you to quickly and easily backup your Firefox extensions. In fact, it goes beyond just backing up -- It will actually rebuild your extensions individually into installable .xpi files. Now you can easily synchronize your office and home browsers.

FEBE backs up your extensions, themes, and (optionally) your bookmarks, preferences, passwords, cookies and just about everything else Firefox offers (it can even backup/restore your entire profile).

Backups can be performed on demand or scheduled for daily, weekly, or monthly unattended runs.

mozilla addons url:https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2109

2.

this one is also good if your purely in a windows environment as the below tools work only in windows

MozBackup is a simple utility for creating backups of Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Thunderbird, SeaMonkey , Mozilla Suite and Netscape profiles.

It allows you to backup and restore bookmarks, mail, contacts, history, extensions, cache etc. It's an easy way to do Firefox backup, Thunderbird backup .

the homepage url:http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

dang.ksadilla

May 23, 2007, 9:57:52 AM5/23/07
to Firefox Users
sounds like gopalan has suggested what i would suggest. that would be
my first option, but the Google Browser Sync extension will
synchronize your bookmarks, cookies, history, saved passwords and the
tabs you have open when you close firefox, between separate firefox
browsers. so if you plan on using both compy's for a while that might
be a good option to keep both browsers up to speed (and if you don't
mind using google's servers for it). here's the link
http://www.google.com/tools/firefox/index.html
hope that helps :)

On May 22, 10:00 pm, "Bill (Unique as my name)" <billyco...@gmail.com>

gopalan vedantham srinivasan

May 24, 2007, 1:56:22 AM5/24/07
to Firefo...@googlegroups.com

On 5/23/07, dang.ksadilla <themani...@gmail.com> wrote:

but Google browser sync takes  so much time and resources for synchronization  between two computers