Allow SVN through Squid Proxy

Muthu Krishnan

Dec 20, 2007, 10:12:53 AM12/20/07
to IntelliBitz Technologies
Allow SVN through Squid Proxy :

The Subversion client can go through a proxy, if you configure it to
do so. First, edit your "servers" configuration file to indicate which
proxy to use. In Fedora core 6 the file location is
/home/sysadmin/.subversion/servers

# cd /home/sysadmin/.subversion/servers

# vi server
- - - -
- - - -
[global]
# http-proxy-exceptions = *.exception.com, www.internal-site.org
http-proxy-host = 192.168.1.100 (proxy ip address of your network)
http-proxy-port = 3128 (port no of squid proxy)
# http-proxy-username = defaultusername
# http-proxy-password = defaultpassword
http-compression = no
- - - - -
save the file.

Next, you need to make sure the proxy server itself supports all the
HTTP methods Subversion uses. Some proxy servers do not support these
methods by default:

PROPFIND, REPORT, MERGE, MKACTIVITY, CHECKOUT.

In general, solving this depends on the particular proxy software. For
Squid, the config (squid.conf) option is

# TAG: extension_methods
# Squid only knows about standardized HTTP request methods.
# You can add up to 20 additional "extension" methods here.
#
#Default:
# none
extension_methods REPORT MERGE MKACTIVITY CHECKOUT PROPFIND

Another technique is to attempt the checkout over SSL, which many
proxies allow:

svn checkout https://intellimeet.googlecode.com/svn/trunk

Of course, your svn client will have to have been built with ssl
support; just pass --with-ssl to Subversion's ./configure script. You
can check to see whether the 'https' scheme is supported by running
svn --version.

Muthu Ramadoss

Dec 20, 2007, 12:12:01 PM12/20/07
to IntelliBitz Technologies
Team... i would like to share my experience with ns1 server.

Problem :
8GB memory was installed but only 4 GB memory was recognized. BIOS
shows 8 GB is installed but Fedora core 6 (OS) doesn't recognize the
remaining 4 GB.

Cause:
Fedora core 6 - 32 bit version operating system was installed in
server (not only in server all machines in our company). 32 bit
version support only up to 4 GB memory.

Solution:
Solution 1 - Reinstall Fedora core 6 - 64 bit version operating
system.
Solution 2 - Enable the existing kernel to support high memory (kernel
recompilation)

What i did ?

I installed the new kernel (PAE enabled) and make it as a default
kernel of our ns1 server. now it can recognize 8 GB memory.