EGR: Everything is Miscellaneous

Christopher Locke

Sep 30, 2007, 7:16:09 PM9/30/07
to EGR googleplex
Valued Subscribers,

This one is a bit hard to explain (as if that's something new). You will have to make uncharacteristic use of your brain to grasp the nettle, as it were -- if, indeed, nettle there be to grasp. Perhaps it's a Zen thing; you never know. And, to detract even further from your willingness to temporarily suspend disbelief, it's true that I'm back on the SSRIs: 20 mg of Celexa and 150 mg of Taliban -- plus enough nicotine gum to choke a water buffalo. It's a potent cocktail, let me tell you!

OK, ready? Here we go.

You know (or you should) that the Subject line, above, is the title of a recent book by David Weinberger. It's a very important book, but we must return to this in just a bit. What I really wanted to tell you about is another "book" (more like a database dump, table pointers and all) called The Locke Name in History. I reviewed it on Amazon this afternoon, but as I'm uncertain whether they will publish what I wrote, I grabbed a screen shot to show you...

http://rageboy.com//images/review-locke-family.jpg
Cognizant of the fact that not everyone would immediately catch the reference, I Googled images of my great Uncle to present as ancillary evidence. To my mild astonishment, I found the very one I was looking for on a page I seem to have created in the latter '90s. And there, I talk about you. Yes, you. But don't take my word for it, go see for yourself...

50-minute Hour
http://www.rageboy.com/0.48.html

As you will see there -- in addition to the image I was looking for -- everything David Weinberger knows about Miscellanearity, he learned from me! In fact, there is no "David Weinberger" -- he is a purely social construct. That is to say, I built him from a kit 10 years ago. It's a rather convoluted tale, as I warned you, but I think quite instructive. The moral, as usual: trust no one.

Starting with me.

RB