DTC service for dwarka

Joel Joseph

Apr 19, 2007, 7:32:19 AM4/19/07
to Dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
hello everybody....i have just come after metting the cheif managing director of DTC (delhi transport corporation).....and he is very seriously thinking about improving the transport scenario in Dwarka. he has also entrusted me with to give/suggest him two NEW routes by saturday (21st).

i wanted you all to suggest 2 best routes (it could be within the subcity as well)....so that the maximum number of residents can get benefited. he even went on to the extent of saying that we will start the routes by monday.

looking forward for your suggestions for a better Dwarka.

cheers and regards,
Joel Joseph

PS: since i will not be able to access this official id from home for the next two days (friday and saturday) pls mail/CC your replies to my other email id - journo...@gmail.com

you can also reach me at 9810919610

Rejimon Chathanchirayil

Apr 19, 2007, 8:00:55 AM4/19/07
to Dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com, journo...@gmail.com
Thank you Joseph taking up SUCH AN IMPORTANT ISSUE for DWARKITES.
I too made some emails/letters but never got any positive response other than one in which Sect/22/23 RL Route which by all pressure from other RWA/Forums support they started a year back.
My suggestion/submission are :
1. Sector 22/23 is not accesable by any public transport other than one/two morning & evening shuttle. There is urgent need for increase the frequency of this service.
2. There must be service to Gurgaon
3. IMPORTANT: There must be some CIRCULAR SERVICE to help residents to reach METRO in all Sectors. The lowfloor AC bus would be ideal for Dwarka. Even though it may not be profitable for DTC(normally a resident in Sect 22 pay over Rs.10 just to reach Sect 9 Metro by Rikshaw). However for public transport with time it will come up for profit and it will help the country in reducing spending in OIL by reducing private transport.
4. Connecting service with Metro Station with Domestic/International Airport.
6. The RTV are a Mess and not suitable for Dwarka as it name suggest(RURAL TRANSPORT VEHICLE).
7. There must be connecting service towards South Delhi (Nehruplace/Vasant Kunj/Bikaji/Dhaula Kuan) and West & South West.
8. The Depots in Palam/Manglapuri must be moved to Dwarka, where I beleive DDA/Govt NCT Delhi already alloted plot and no action from DTC So far.

If any other point, I will revert to you
Thanks once again.

Rejimon
Sect 22
--
Rejimon Chathanchirayil
New Delhi-India.

anil nayal

Apr 19, 2007, 8:15:45 AM4/19/07
to Dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com, journo...@gmail.com
I prefer the following two Route for the following locations

(1)  Dwarka to Nehru Place / Okhla / Noida

As we have only one bus route for Nehru Place ie. 764 which over crowded all the times.

(2)  Dwarka to AIIMS / Lajpat Nagar / Noida

In thi  route also we have only one bus route for Palam to Nehru Stadium i.e. 727.

Mr. Joseph please convince the CMD of DTC  for making frequent services particularly during office hours.
Please suggest CMD to put it as a Limited Stop Services like Chartered Buses during office hours.

this is my opion only, member can suggest the best routes / location also.

thanks
Anil Nayal

Note:    Let's also think about the internal transport for all the Sectors of Dwarka, please comments.

On 4/19/07, Joel Joseph <jjo...@india-today.com> wrote:

--
ANIL NAYAL
PKT-2, SECTOR-7

anil nayal

Apr 19, 2007, 8:24:10 AM4/19/07
to Dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
I support the suggestions made by Mr. Rejimon.

It is the best suggestion that there should be a CIRCULAR SERVICE  to help residents to reach all the METRO stations in all Sectors.
thanks
Anil Nayal

p. menon

Apr 19, 2007, 8:26:50 AM4/19/07
to Dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com, journo...@gmail.com
There can be different alternatives:

(1) There are already a number of buses running through the main road (Kakrola to Dwarka gate at sect-1).  Therefore, new routes should preferably concentrate on other roads.

(2) New routes should touch  or originate from newly developed areas like:
- Metro stations
- Ashirwad Chowk the upcoming new market at crossing of sector 4, 5, 11 & 12.

(3) New routes are required to the places where direct Metro service from Dwarka is not available like:
ISBT, Trans Yamuna (Shahdara, Dilshad, Ghaziabad), South Delhi(Lajpat Nagar, AIIMS, Hauz Khas, etc.)

- P.Menon
9891024230

Vikas Jain

Apr 19, 2007, 4:39:19 PM4/19/07
to Dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com, journo...@gmail.com
I Agree with Mr. Anil Nayal...These routes to south delhi are also not covered by Metro, so it makes more sense to run buses on these routes.

Also we should have smaller buses for commute within Dwarka Sub City (Bigger and regular buses will make the city more dangerous to drive)

Thanks,

Vikas

--
Regards,

Vikas Jain

Brij Mehta

Apr 20, 2007, 12:18:24 AM4/20/07
to Dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Dear Joseph,
Thanks for your initiative in this much needed area.

There is a requirement of Mini Mudrika type feeder service linking all the Sectors or closer to them for connectivity to Shopping complexes etc. Say starting from Sector 1 going towards Sect 4/5 then on to Sect 14 /coming towards 13,12,11,19,18 ,22,23,9,10,6/7 etc.

Once a person gets down from Metro he/she should also be able to utilise DTC Buses within Dwarka.There may be a service to Link South Delhi and on to Hazrat Nizammudin Station via Lajpat Nagar Market.

Regards

Lt Col Mehta

Vikram Das

Apr 20, 2007, 12:45:24 AM4/20/07
to Dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sir,

I concurr with the views about introducing Dwarka centric bus routes from areas not being covered by DMRC. Simultaneously the need of the hour is to have intra-subcity transporatation facility, ideally non-polluting like the ones plying within  AIIMS.

With regards,

Vikram Das

Joel Joseph <jjo...@india-today.com> wrote:

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

Mahesh Gupta

Apr 20, 2007, 12:49:37 AM4/20/07
to Dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
I agree with Mr. P. Menon and it is a fact that their is no bus plying from Ashirwad chowk (.i.e crossing of 4,5,11,12 sectors).

It should be seriously thought and I think everybody should think on it. The routes can be decided but atleast their should be a bus from this upcoming market chowk to reach outside i.e. may be Janakpuri or to south delhi.

Hope this will help many residents as thier is not even a single bus plying from this chowk.

Thanx

Mahesh Gupta

I prefer the following two Route for the following locations

(1)  Dwarka to Nehru Place / Okhla / Noida

As we have only one bus route for Nehru Place ie. 764 which over crowded all the times.

(2)  Dwarka to AIIMS / Lajpat Nagar / Noida

In thi  route also we have only one bus route for Palam to Nehru Stadium i.e. 727.

Mr. Joseph please convince the CMD of DTC  for making frequent services particularly during office hours.
Please suggest CMD to put it as a Limited Stop Services like Chartered Buses during office hours.

this is my opion only, member can suggest the best routes / location also.

thanks
Anil Nayal

Note:    Let's also think about the internal transport for all the Sectors of Dwarka, please comments.

Pradeep K. Ivon

Apr 20, 2007, 1:26:52 AM4/20/07
to Dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
thanks joseph for your efforts, pls take our requests (if necessary we will sign a common application) for various routes desired mostly by the residents. I am sure many would benefit from a route covering Dwarka to RK Puram, Bhikaji Cama etc. to cover many office goers both private and Govt. as there is large no. of offices in this zone.
Another service up to Nehru Place / Lajpat Nagar via AIIMS etc. would be also useful.
thanks, these are my opinions pls proceed on the basis of majority of requests.
rgds/pradeep k. ivon

Krishnamurthy Venkateshwaran

Apr 20, 2007, 3:15:59 AM4/20/07
to Dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
I am abolutely in tune with Rejimon's idea having a cirular service
to help residents to reach Metro.

V.Krishnamurthy

On 4/19/07, Rejimon Chathanchirayil <reji...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you Joseph taking up SUCH AN IMPORTANT ISSUE for DWARKITES.
> I too made some emails/letters but never got any positive response other
> than one in which Sect/22/23 RL Route which by all pressure from other
> RWA/Forums support they started a year back.
> My suggestion/submission are :
> 1. Sector 22/23 is not accesable by any public transport other than one/two
> morning & evening shuttle. There is urgent need for increase the frequency
> of this service.
> 2. There must be service to Gurgaon

> 3. *IMPORTANT*: *There must be some CIRCULAR SERVICE to help residents to

> reach METRO in all Sectors. The lowfloor AC bus would be ideal for Dwarka.
> Even though it may not be profitable for DTC(normally a resident in Sect 22
> pay over Rs.10 just to reach Sect 9 Metro by Rikshaw). However for public
> transport with time it will come up for profit and it will help the country

> in reducing spending in OIL by reducing private transport.*

anil nayal

Apr 20, 2007, 5:30:54 AM4/20/07
to Dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com

Let's suggest two routes which CMD of DTC has asked to Mr. Joseph to give /suggest the routes.

Routes

(1) Start from Sector-15/16/14 then connecting all the sectors (as per conveniences of all the sectors) and finally comes to Dwarka Flyover then to the specific locations

(2) We should request to start the Route of 764 from Dwarka (from inner sectors) to Nehru Place also. It will give a great relief to the residents of Dwarka.

We should also request the CMD of DTC to start proposed DTC Depot at Dwarka.

We may discuss internal transport later. For this we may also approach DMRC for linking of all the sectors of Dwarka with Metro Stations through Mini Buses and it will also help the residents to reach to nearby.

Any best suggestions/ comments are most welcome.

Thanks

Anil Nayal

Dwarka Parichay

Apr 20, 2007, 12:27:34 PM4/20/07
to Dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends,

If anyone in Dwarka Forum is an engineer - good at art, can make a
graphical DTC route inside Dwarka.

So that DTC official can implement easily.

suggestions for 2 routes - one route inside Dwarka another outside

any volunteer can make road map,
Pl take help of following metro map - dwarka section:

1)

Circular Service – proposed route

Say starting from Sector 22(last Metro station)  going towards sec-9 through bharat vandana park, To sec-6-10 market through shiksha Bharti school, right to main road, left towards aashirwad chowk,

---               ---    back through nearby metro rail ---

2)
Dwarka - Sarojini Nagar
Dwarka - CGO lodhi road
Dwarka - BCP

you can add/ suggest more

from M Jayaraman <jay...@teri.res.in>    hide details  9:49 am (10 hours ago)

Yes. I also agree the suggestions for Route No. 764.

Apart from increasing the frequency of 764 during office hours, DTC can
also ply the high-capacity bus in this route. I often see Route No.620 bus
going empty! And I have never seen this high-capacity busy in any other
route.

Yes. The fare could also be Rs.15 instead of Rs.10/-

Inter-connectivity with different sectors is a welcome idea. A suggestion
like to start a bus from Sector 14 and then reach Sector 12, Sector 19 &
18, Sector 22&23, Sector 11, Sector 10 & 6, Sector 7 near Munirka Apts and
finally Sector 1!!! Any comments or better route than this would be most
welcome.

M Jayaraman
Modelling and Economic Analysis
The Energy and Resources Institute
Darbari Seth Block, IHC Complex
Lodhi Road
New Delhi - 110 003
Tel: 91-11-24682100, 41504900 Ext 2346
Fax: 91-11-24682144, 24682145
TERI University announces admissions to its doctoral programmes and
MBA (Infrastructure); M Sc (Environmental Studies); M Sc (Natural
Resources Management); M Sc (Water Resources Management) programmes.
Last date for applying: 07 April 2007
Details available at www.teriuniversity.ac.in

from Dwarka Parichay <dwarkap...@gmail.com >     Apr 19 (21 hours ago)

Good job Joseph. Please pursue it for the benefit of Dwarkaites.

You can suggest for point no 6 in the Memorandum:

6)      Requirement of sheds at bus-stops and public transport within Dwarka

Though the residents of Dwarka and Palam got respite due to the newly constructed palam flyover, several times the commuters have fainted at the bus stops waiting for the bus in the scorching summer heat and sun.

The sheds are either in dilapidated condition or missing. This needs addressal and corrective action on priority basis

Also the commuting transport services for intra-Dwarka are missing or very few resulting in over-crowded RTVs which are dangerous especially to the children, senior citizens and ladies. Although metro has provided some reprieve but the unscrupulous rikshawallas fleece the naïve commuters even for taking them a few kms from the metro station to their destinations.

Dwarka - CP route is ok due to the arrival of metro.
But Nazafgarh - Dwarka - Nehru Place route require proper
planning/ strategy.
Even though the frequency of route no 764 is 5-10 min in office hour, it is very difficult to get into the bus. Sometimes wait for 3-4 overcrowded buses to pass to just get in. DTC official should see these buses in office hours to get concrete solutions. They can easily observe the pathetic condition of commuters.

Suggestions:
-cut short the route to Dwarka- NP or Dwarka-IIT or Dwarka- BCP
   for some buses.
-more buses in office hours
-Some chartered/ RTV buses charge Rs25/- for Dwaka-NP route.
  so DTC can run A/C buses @Rs 15/-- and can earn big profits.

 Thanks,

Dwarka Parichay Team

Prabhat Sharma

Apr 20, 2007, 10:07:12 PM4/20/07
to Dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com

 Thanks joel for your sincere efforts . I am really delighted that DTC has decided to start a new bus servic shortly . I would like to suggest that sector 22 should be included in the bus route being isolated sector and also no bus service has been operating so far .

I am in USA now .Thanks again.

PC SHARMA

Catch the complete World Cup coverage with MSN

Rohit Jain

Apr 21, 2007, 2:12:04 AM4/21/07
to Dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com

Hi

During one of my trips to Emeryville, California (http://www.emerygoround.com ), I noticed a bus service exclusively for their BART (Bay Area Rapid transport) (MRTS system)

It allows easy connection to this subcity (much much smaller than Dwarka).

See the link attached to this email. Are you talking about a similar service. I have used  this service and found it very very useful.

Funding of this kind of service could be a issue.

Regards

Rohit

--
ANIL NAYAL
PKT-2, SECTOR-7 <br

R Vijay Raghavan

Apr 21, 2007, 5:30:38 AM4/21/07
to Dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Dear All
We are talking of a Unified service from Dwarka. For residents of Sector 22 and 23, and those who are going to New Custom House(NCH) or Airport for thier work there is great problem as the Road from the Railway Gate at Shahbad Mohmadpur will be closed shortly due to airport expansion work.

In view of the above there must be DTC connectiosn which will connect these places through the Under Pass.

Would be highly obliged if we can do something in this regard. I am ready to contribute in this endoveour as many of my firends are affected.

With Best Regards
R Vijay Raghavan
9868275675(M)

Dwarka Parichay

Apr 21, 2007, 8:04:38 AM4/21/07
to Dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Dear Rohit,

Good option. It is  is a private transportation service, funded solely by
commercial property owners.
In Dwarka there are thousands of property dealers,
they can easily contribute and support this System.

Pl check for the feasibility.

We can have battery operated RTVs in circular routes.
can have monthly/ yearly subscription passes...

any property dealer?

more options?

anil nayal

May 2, 2007, 2:20:16 AM5/2/07
to Dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Sir,

Is there any news after your meeting which was scheduled for 23rd April, 2007 with CMD of DTC.

thanks
anil nayal

Dwarka Parichay

May 4, 2007, 12:45:27 AM5/4/07
to Dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Dear Joseph,

Thanks again for your initiatives.

As there are so many options discussed for better DTC service in Dwarka.
Please share your conclusive suggestions and try to highlight in your
 TODAY publications. We all Dwarkaites are waiting for your response.

lets refresh some options as discussed:
*
[...]

KrishnaIyer Mahadevan

May 4, 2007, 3:34:55 AM5/4/07
to Dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

One major failure from the DTC is that they have not considered any transport route connecting the Delhi University, especially South Campus. There are plenty of students, especially girl students traveling to various colleges. So there shall be a route connecting from Dwarka sectors to entry to South Campus colleges from Rao Tularam Marg and then entry to Maitrei and Jesus Mary College etc. One can see the agony of students every day running around to catch the only RL77 bus, which is also regulary irregular.

Thanks

Mahadevan