French django translation

Karderio

Mar 16, 2008, 11:07:19 AM3/16/08
to Django I18N
Hi :o)

I am currently updating the French translation of django for a project
of mine, and I'd be happy to contribute the changes back to django.

I'd like to check that nobody else is working on this first, and see
if anybody has any pointers for me.

Karderio

Mar 16, 2008, 7:06:22 PM3/16/08
to Django I18N
I've uploaded the finished french .po file to this group.

http://django-i18n.googlegroups.com/web/fr_django.po

Malcolm Tredinnick

Mar 16, 2008, 7:13:47 PM3/16/08
to Djang...@googlegroups.com

On Sun, 2008-03-16 at 16:06 -0700, Karderio wrote:
> I've uploaded the finished french .po file to this group.
>
> http://django-i18n.googlegroups.com/web/fr_django.po

Please don't do that. It will be forgotten or lost. Please make a diff
against the current subversion trunk version and attach the patch to a
ticket in Trac.

Make sure that "bin/compile-messages.py -l fr" runs without producing
any warnings before uploading the patch, since it cannot be committed
with any syntactical errors.

Thanks,
Malcolm

--
Telepath required. You know where to apply...
http://www.pointy-stick.com/blog/

Karderio

Mar 16, 2008, 8:14:15 PM3/16/08
to Django I18N