一次在线交流,我们更期待面对面的交流

CityPW

Jul 17, 2007, 10:37:43 PM7/17/07
to CityPassword Software Ontology Seminar
9:47 AM Shawn the R0ck: How you doing?Van.
9:49 AM maybe you can see this:http://www.inblogs.net/citypw/2007/07/
my-spiritual-birthdayshawn-is-3-years.html

9:50 AM VAn: hey, how are you doing?
9:51 AM Shawn the R0ck: well,pretty good!I was begin to work for a
software company last week.

9:52 AM VAn: What do they have you doing?

9:54 AM Shawn the R0ck: good! maintain the C++ project code is my work
now.
how are you getting along?

9:55 AM VAn: really well, I'm involved in a PhD class this
summer...and presenting a paper at a conference next week

9:58 AM Shawn the R0ck: wow~I was remember that you may got 2
PHDs,right?1 of Theology and 1 of sociology

9:59 AM VAn: no, I'm working on one PhD now, but I have several
master's degrees
Shawn the R0ck: I have read some about philosophy about Augestine and
Plotu.

VAn: that's good stuff...especially if you have a chance to read
Augustine's Confessions
10:00 AM Shawn the R0ck: ok.~yeah,Im planning to read Confessions but
I will read the city of God at first.

10:01 AM VAn: Ouch! that is a long book.
10:02 AM Shawn the R0ck: Augestine's dualism is cool that can contain
very thing even the Universe.
yes! It's a big deal!

10:03 AM VAn: yes, but he is not quite as dualistic as Plato or
Confucious

Shawn the R0ck: But I saw the Chinese edtion just have about 2000
pages.
10:04 AM VAn: I would imagine it is about 1000 in English...of course
it was originally written in Latin
10:05 AM Shawn the R0ck: right! Maybe we should thought that it's
opposite.
OK.haha 1000 pages is not too hard to read as a young man.
10:06 AM VAn: no, but it does take awhile. Yes, Augustine did not
think that good and evil were equal. He thought evil was the good
turned bad
Shawn the R0ck: But the video game time is no more :-)
VAn: you have a good point there
I try to tell my students that
10:07 AM I tell them that they could read more if they played video
games less.
10:09 AM Shawn the R0ck: yes! it's sound like a game theory in the
real world. games with world,games with Satan,games with Death.
10:10 AM We have the rights to make a choice:The city of God or The
city of man.
10:11 AM VAn: could be. Games are not the real world, but they do
remind us of Plato's idea that the world is the product of thought -
if not ours, then somebody else's
yes, their are just two cities
10:12 AM Shawn the R0ck: cool! Do you read some stuff about Pascal?He
is a brother.
10:13 AM VAn: Yes, he seems to be
I see that you have sided with him on his side of the wager.
10:15 AM Shawn the R0ck: sure~The Pascal's wager is funny which he
prove that the FATHER must be there.Otherwise the life is meaningless.
VAn: Yes, and he also believed that the Father chooses his own
children before the worlds began
5 minutes
10:21 AM Shawn the R0ck: yeah~sound right! I have a question about
this point,if FATHER chooses us before the worlds began,why should we
share Gospel to others?What is relationship between free will(choice)
and foredoom?
10:22 AM VAn: Because He commands us to
Shawn the R0ck: I read a paper about Augestine's point of view.
10:23 AM VAn: the problem you see is because we do not understand how
an all knowing person who is not bound by time makes things happen in
time
10:24 AM imagine a processor with clock-cycles trying to run a kernel
that was designed for a processor without clock-cycles
10:26 AM Shawn the R0ck: cool! I can see what is mean.It's like as
Augestine's point of view.Whatever we try to share the Gospel.If a guy
is not doomed to choose by FATHER.We can not let him to know and
acceppted truth by ourselves.
10:27 AM VAn: yes, we do not know who the Father has chosen, so, we
share, and those who are chosen respond
10:29 AM Shawn the R0ck: it's cool! It's like a hardware bus's
initialize.
VAn: yes, I guess you could say that
10:30 AM Shawn the R0ck: Thanks,bro!You give me a big help. But I have
to work now,maybe we can chat next time.
haha...great man think alike!!!
VAn: sure...later
have a good day, I'm getting ready to sleep
10:31 AM Shawn the R0ck: FATHER be with you!!! Praise the Lord! have a
good dream!
VAn: May he bless you too
see ya'!