Ski Trip Long-Range Planning

snowrider

Mar 23, 2012, 6:54:16 PM3/23/12
to Chinese Ski Club (CSC)
2012/13 - CO (Vail, Beaver Creek, A-Basin, Keystone, Breckenridge), CA/
NV (Heavenly, Northstar, Kirkwood, Squaw Valley)

2013/14 - WY (Jackson Hole, Grand Targhee, Yellowstone), CO (Aspen
Mtn., Snowmass, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk)

2014/15 - BC (Whistler/Blackcomb), CO (Winter Park, Copper Mountain,
Steamboat)

2015/16 - QUE (Montreal->Tremblant, ... Mont-Sainte-Anne, Le Massif-
>Quebec)

2016/17 - Zermatt, Switzerland

2017/18 - Chamonix, France

2018/19 - Cortina, Italy

2019/20 - St. Anton, Austria

2020/21 - Garmisch, Germany

2021/22 - Chile (Portillo, El Colorado, Valle Nevado)

2022/23 - Argentina (Cerro Catedral, Las Leñas)

2023/24 - China (Beidahu)

tel2...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2012, 8:16:50 AM3/24/12
to snowrider, Chinese Ski Club (CSC)
Wow, what a nice wish list. Zermatt, Switzerland, 2016/17? Chile,
2021/22? are indeed a long range plan.
Since not many of us skied in South American, or Europe I would
propose to move them up, say, go Chile this Summer or Zermatt,
Switzerland on New Year 2013 or 2014.

2011/12 - Chile (Portillo, El Colorado, Valle Nevado)

2012/13 - CO (Vail, Beaver Creek, A-Basin, Keystone, Breckenridge), CA/
NV (Heavenly, Northstar, Kirkwood, Squaw Valley)

2013/14 - Alps (Zermatt, Switzerland), WY (Jackson Hole, Grand

Targhee, Yellowstone), CO (Aspen
Mtn., Snowmass, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk)

2014/15 - Japan (Niseko), BC (Whistler/Blackcomb, Big White, or
Panorama), CO (Winter Park, Copper Mountain, Steamboat)

2015/16 - Alps (Chamonix, France), China (Beidahu), QUE

(Montreal->Tremblant, ... Mont-Sainte-Anne, Le Massif-

>Quebec), Argentina (Cerro Catedral, Las Leñas)

snowrider

Mar 25, 2012, 12:28:06 PM3/25/12
to Chinese Ski Club (CSC)
I put south america in the end because it looks/sounds very unfamiliar
to the majority of us. If we really want to do that this summer, I am
glad to and we can talk about that.

About skiing Japan Hokkaido (Niseko Village, Niseko Grand Hirafu,
Rusutsu, Furano), it will be more economic if we do that in the same
trip with China's Beidahu one.
http://www.snowjapan.com/e/resorts/ski-resort-ratings.php?Prefecture=Hokkaido
I have skied Japan before, but I don't mind to go there again visiting
different resorts (as long as you don't worry about their radiation
and that is also why I did not include Japan).

BTW, I forgot to put one destination that everyone got to go at least
one time in your life, which is the Big 3 - Banff, Lake Louise, and
Sunshine. My Whistler friends visited there this season. It is one
word - beautiful!

On Mar 24, 8:16 am, tel2ph...@gmail.com wrote:
> Wow, what a nice wish list. Zermatt, Switzerland, 2016/17? Chile,
> 2021/22? are indeed a long range plan.
> Since not many of us skied in South American, or Europe I would
> propose to move them up, say, go Chile this Summer or Zermatt,
> Switzerland on New Year 2013 or 2014.
>
> 2011/12 - Chile (Portillo, El Colorado, Valle Nevado)
>
> 2012/13 - CO (Vail, Beaver Creek, A-Basin, Keystone, Breckenridge), CA/
> NV (Heavenly, Northstar, Kirkwood, Squaw Valley)
>
> 2013/14 - Alps (Zermatt, Switzerland),   WY (Jackson Hole, Grand
> Targhee, Yellowstone), CO (Aspen
> Mtn., Snowmass, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk)
>
> 2014/15 - Japan (Niseko), BC (Whistler/Blackcomb, Big White, or
> Panorama), CO (Winter Park, Copper Mountain, Steamboat)
>
> 2015/16 -  Alps (Chamonix, France), China (Beidahu), QUE
> (Montreal->Tremblant, ... Mont-Sainte-Anne, Le Massif-
>

> >Quebec), Argentina (Cerro Catedral, Las Leñas)

Tennis...@aol.com

Mar 25, 2012, 1:04:32 PM3/25/12
to snowride...@gmail.com, Chinese...@googlegroups.com
Agree with those below - Canadian rockies are more majestic than the U.S.
and scenery is breath-taking.

snowrider

Apr 7, 2012, 6:16:47 PM4/7/12
to Chinese Ski Club (CSC)
Here is an update of our tentative plan:

2012/13 - CO (Vail, Beaver Creek, A-Basin, Keystone, Breckenridge), CA/
NV (Heavenly, Northstar, Kirkwood, Squaw Valley)

2013/14 - WY (Jackson Hole, Grand Targhee - Yellowstone), CO (Aspen
Mtn., Snowmass, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk)

2014/15 - BC (Whistler/Blackcomb), CO (Winter Park, Copper Mountain,
Steamboat)

2015/16 - QUE (Montreal - Tremblant, ... Mont-Sainte-Anne, Le Massif -
Quebec), Canadian Rockies (Big 3 - Banff, Lake Louise, and Sunshine)

2016/17 - Switzerland (Zermatt)

2017/18 - France (Chamonix)

2018/19 - Italy (Cortina)

2019/20 - Austria (St. Anton), Chile (Portillo, El Colorado, Valle
Nevado)

2020/21 - Germany (Garmisch), Argentina (Cerro Catedral, Las Leñas)

2021/22 - China (Beidahu), Japan Hokkaido (Niseko Village, Niseko
Grand Hirafu, Rusutsu, Furano)

Please contribute your idea. Let's add the resorts that you want to
go in our TODO list. We will then visit them one by one. If anyone
is interested in organizing a Chile trip this summer, we can move it
up to this year instead of later year.