File complaints with the proper agencies...not Buick

tcsenter

Aug 29, 2006, 11:26:44 PM8/29/06
to Buick Lesabre Window Regulator Problems

My brother just had the third power window drop into the door and break
in 12 months on his 2002 Lesabre. $500 each for non-warranty repair
from dealership, who claims there is no known problem with the window
regulators. He called Buick who also claimed it hasn't received any
significant # of complaints or reports.

Buick is well aware of this problem and has issued more than one
relevant Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) covering the Lesabre between
2000 and 2003. The following are Technical Service Bulletins I have
been able to confirm (varies depending on the applicable model year):

CATEGORY/COMPONENT - VISIBILITY:POWER WINDOW DEVICES AND CONTROLS
TSB #3483 -- POWER WINDOW INOPERATIVE, NOISY OR GLASS DROPS.
NHTSA ID #10017398 - NO DATE

CATEGORY/COMPONENT - VISIBILITY:GLASS, SIDE/REAR
TSB #050864011 -- FRONT DOOR WINDOW BINDS/INOPERATIVE/MOVES SLOWLY.
NHTSA ID #10017327, APRIL 01 2005

CATEGORY/COMPONENT - VISIBILITY:GLASS
TSB #050864012 -- WINDOWS SLOW, INOPERATIVE OR BINDING.
NHTSA ID #10017350, MAY 01 2005

Those who believe Buick will do anything with these complaints other
than deny it was aware of them are dreaming. Its not a safety issue,
so Buick will continue to ignore this problem no matter if it gets a
million complaints, until it is forced to do something.

I am amazed to find several dozen reports of multiple window regulator
failures on message boards around the internet but not more than eight
complaints filed with the proper government agencies. Stop complaining
on internet message boards where it is meaningless grumbling and start
filing formal complaints at the following websites:

Office of Defects Investigation (ODI) of the National Highway Traffic
Safety Administration
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/complain/

Vehicle Complaint Form (need not be a safety issue)
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

The Center for Auto Safety (need not be a safety issue)
http://www.autosafety.org/fileacomplaint.php

sanpatch

Sep 14, 2006, 4:48:24 PM9/14/06
to Buick Lesabre Window Regulator Problems

sanpatch

Sep 14, 2006, 5:01:36 PM9/14/06
to Buick Lesabre Window Regulator Problems

I have a Buick 2002 Rendezvous that has had two windows repaired. My
friend with a LaSabre had repaired three. Plus numerous other
problems.

My current problem that I'm looking for help with is the "Service
Engine Soon" light. It first came on in March. Sometimes it would lock
the windows, sometimes the doors, or the heater would quit. I
purchased an extended warranty. The dealer garage repaired it and I
paid a $100 deductable. The same problem has returned. Now they say
it was caused by a missing hose for the A/C drain that has allowed the
wires to lay in water and corrode them. I never noticed any dampness
on the carpeting but the insist it is wet and the mat prevented me from
noticing. They won't pay for the repairs. After hours on the
phone,they might pay for the wiring harness but not the carpet and pad.
No one has worked on this car beside the dealers mechanics.

I bought the car brand new and it has a whopping 21,600 miles on it.
Need I say I am very unhappy. Does anyone else have this problem?
Did they lose the drain hose?
Thanks.