Islamic Sheik says Netanyahu will Try to Rebuild the Jewish Temple

Pastor Dale Morgan

May 27, 2009, 3:52:28 AM5/27/09
to Bible-Pro...@googlegroups.com
*Perilous Times

Islamic Sheik says Netanyahu will Try to Rebuild the Jewish Temple*

by Gil Ronen

(IsraelNN.com) Sheikh Raad Salah, leader of the Northern Wing of the
Islamic Movement in Israel, believes Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu
will try to rebuild the Jewish Temple.

Speaking at a conference organized by website Islam Online in Doha,
Qatar, Salah stated his belief that Netanyahu may try to build the
Jewish Temple – which the Islamic preacher called “the false temple” –
during his current term after allegedly failing to do so in his first
term as Prime Minister in the late 1990s.

“I ask that those with the power to make the political decision hear
me,” Salah exhorted his audience. “Netanyahu is about to build the false
Temple, and when the Jews build the Temple they will do so upon the
ruins of the Al-Aqsa [Mosque].”

Immediate danger
The danger to Jerusalem and the Al-Aqsa mosque is “tangible and
immediate,” Salah said, echoing similar dramatic statements he has made
over the years. “I warn, I ask for aid and I call out,” he said. “We
should expect deadly surprises that could hurt Jerusalem in general and
Al Aqsa in particular,” he said. “We live in years that will determine
if Jerusalem survives and in Al Aqsa will remain standing,” he added.

Salah said that in an effort to prepare world opinion for the
realization of its goals in Jerusalem, Israel sends tourists to the Al
Aqsa mosque and tells them that it was built upon the ruins of the
Jewish Temple.

The solution to “the threat against Jerusalem,” according to Salah, is a
complete mobilization of the Arab world, including the religious imams,
who need to act and “recruit the masses.” He asked Muslim scholars to
pronounce edicts that will force “the Muslim nation and its leaders to
confront their duty towards the problem of Jerusalem and Al Aqsa.”

“A thousand politicians can talk without changing a thing,” Salah said.
‘One religious sage can do what the politicians cannot carry out."

The Jewish Temple was first built by King Solomon (Shlomo) about 3,000
years ago. It served as the spiritual center of the Hebrew nation and as
a place of national pilgrimage and sacrifice. Serviced by the priestly
class (Kohanim) and Levites, the Temple contained the Seven-Branched
Menorah and housed the golden Holy Ark within a room known as the Holy
of Holies.

Coming soon: the Third Temple

The First Temple was razed by Babylonian conquerors, rebuilt by Jews by
permission of a Persian emperor, defiled by Greeks and then
re-consecrated by the Hasmoneans, and burnt down again by Romans.

Jewish religion commands the Jews to rebuild the Temple as part of a
Divine plan for the salvation of the Jewish people and the entire world,
but Prime Minister Netanyahu, who is not considered observant, never has
associated himself with efforts by Jews to pray on the Temple Mount.