Signs Point Toward ‘Cataclysmic’ War in Middle East

Pastor Dale Morgan

May 15, 2009, 2:37:12 AM5/15/09
to Bible-Pro...@googlegroups.com
* Perilous Times

Signs Point Toward ‘Cataclysmic’ War in Middle East*

A former top American intelligence official agrees with a Messianic
pastor that major and possibly calamitous events will unfold in the
Middle East in the coming year.

“I think within 12 months something is going to happen, one way or
another,” said retired Lt. Gen. William Boykin, who served as deputy
undersecretary of defense for Intelligence from 2003 to 2007.

His concerns are echoed by best-selling novelist Joel C. Rosenberg,
whose works have uncannily foreshadowed real events including 9/11.

“I don’t know how much time we have. I believe a cataclysmic war is
coming in the Middle East,” he said.

Messianic pastor Mark Biltz of El Shaddai ministries in Puyallup, Wash.,
garnered attention last year with his announcement of the discovery of a
rare sequence of lunar and solar eclipses, a “tetrad,” all falling on
key feast days on the Jewish calendar over a two-year period.

The last time that happened, the Jews recaptured Jerusalem, Biltz said.
“The time before that [was] 1949, 1950, right after they became a
nation. But both times it was tied around a major war.”

Additional signs this year and next portend more of the same, according
to Biltz.

“The sun and the moon were God’s signals to us,” he said. “When they
fall on his divine appointments, He’s trying to tell us that we need to
look to him and hear what he’s saying.”

While Biltz and other messianic believers watch the heavens, “others are
watching the headlines and getting the same message,” station KMPH in
Fresno, Calif., reported.

Gen. Boykin told a station reporter at a conference in San Diego that he
foresees “something” happening in the coming year and added: “I’m
watching the Iranian nuclear program very carefully. No one really knows
how long, I don’t even think the Iranian themselves know how long it
will take them to have a deliverable nuclear weapon, but they’re moving
there rapidly.”

Author Rosenberg, who was an adviser to then-Israeli Prime Minister
Benjamin Netanyahu in the 1990s, foresees a cataclysm in the near
future, and he has been remarkably prescient in his books.

For instance, his New York Times best-seller “The Last Jihad” describes
the hijacking of a jet by radical Islamic terrorists who use it to
launch a kamikaze attack on an American city. That leads to a war with
Iraq’s Saddam Hussein over terrorism and weapons of mass destruction.

“I wrote those chapters nine months before September 11, 2001,”
Rosenberg told KMPH at the conference.

His book “The Last Days” begins with a U.S. diplomatic convoy driving
into Gaza on a peacekeeping mission. The convoy is attacked by
terrorists. Six days before the book went on sale in October 2003, an
American diplomatic convoy driving into Gaza was attacked by terrorists.

The book also foreshadowed a civil war among Palestinians similar to the
hostilities that later erupted between Hamas and Fatah.