Which one of these 3 talks should I do @ Barcamp?

Pete

Oct 19, 2008, 1:11:48 AM10/19/08
to BarcampLA
I am planning on presenting @ Barcamp for the 3rd time. If you
haven't attending one of my sessions before they are participatory and
fun. I usually research (or at least think) about my talks in
advance even if every one was put together the night before. :)
Anyhow, some direction here will help me prepare.

Which one of these 3 should I do?

1) What a good Product Manager Does
In a emerging consumer internet venture, what should a good Product
Manager be doing? Explore topics such as goal setting, quantitative
and qualitative research, data driven decision-making, problem solving
and execution.

2) 10 Well Designed Products
A look back at 10 Products that made a huge impact in advancing human
machine models. Think the mouse, palm pilot, ipod classic, etc.

3) Why Failing at my Last Startup was the best thing I ever Did
This is a follow-up to my BC5 presentation "Why I left my cushy job at
Warner Bros. to Start a Company" (presented entirely using movie
quotes). Need I say more?

pete

Douglas E. Welch

Oct 19, 2008, 1:15:32 AM10/19/08
to Barc...@googlegroups.com
I vote 2 or 3, leaning slightly towards 3.

Join us for LA Friday Coffee each week
http://lafridaycoffee.wordpress.com

Donna

Oct 19, 2008, 1:26:36 AM10/19/08
to Barc...@googlegroups.com
Pete,

I would be particularly interested in option #3.

Donna Schrokosch,
Founder, Hawthorne Center for Innovation

Deborah Shadovitz

Oct 19, 2008, 2:11:32 AM10/19/08
to Barc...@googlegroups.com
Adding to Doug and Donna, I like 3 the best.

- Deb

Pete

Oct 21, 2008, 7:23:01 PM10/21/08
to BarcampLA
Talk on failure it is!

On Oct 18, 11:11 pm, Deborah Shadovitz <debshadov...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Adding to Doug and Donna, I like 3 the best.
>
> - Deb
>
> On Oct 18, 2008, at 10:15 PM, Douglas E. Welch wrote:
>
> > I vote 2 or 3, leaning slightly towards 3.

Amanda Abelove

Oct 21, 2008, 7:57:51 PM10/21/08
to Barc...@googlegroups.com
I'd totally go to the first if it included a live demo of a product
roadmapping.
--
Amanda Abelove • http://abelove.com • Based in Los Angeles • Scrum Master
& Business Analyst • Director, Scrum Club • http://scrumclub.org

Border7

Oct 22, 2008, 7:14:13 PM10/22/08
to BarcampLA
I think #3 would be your best bet, as studies show that people are
most interested in others mistakes. Plus, listeners will learn more
from it as well.

Pete

Oct 24, 2008, 7:25:29 AM10/24/08
to BarcampLA
Thanks everybody for your feedback. Unfortunately life smacked me in
the face. A family emergency forced me on to a plane to Rhode Island
last night through at least the weekend. I was looking forward
catching up with everyone at Barcamp. I guess there's always next
time (if not sooner for most of you).

I was really looking forward to making the presentation this weekend.
Perhaps I will consider it for next time.

pete