Famous Atheists #1 - Madalyn Murray O'Hair

xnun

<xnun2000@yahoo.com>
Mar 1, 2009, 2:51:50 PM3/1/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
Madalyn was the prime mover in having prayer removed from public
schools. She was generally avoided because of her foul mouth and
nonexistent hygiene, not to mention her repulsiveness.. She and her
children stole the money from the American Atheist Association she had
founded and left town. They were then murdered and buried in a mass
grave by their office manager.

Much more information available by Googling.

Dev

<thedeviliam@fastmail.fm>
Mar 1, 2009, 4:02:28 PM3/1/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
xnun lied:
"She and her children stole the money from the American Atheist
Association she had founded and left town. They were then murdered and
buried in a mass grave by their office manager"

Actually, the office manager was the one who stole the money. He
kidnapped the O'Hairs, emptied their bank accounts, and forgedThe case
has since been resolved.

xnun is a liar. Relevant clips from articles, with sources cited:

"Preying on Atheists"
by Robert Bryce
The Austin Chronicle
http://www.austinchronicle.com/issues/vol18/issue40/pols.athiests.html

---

Between March 30 and April 8, 1994, Waters wrote checks to himself
totaling $54,415. When the atheists returned from California and found
what Waters had done, they were outraged. They immediately went to the
Austin police. But according to a July 1995 article in the American
Atheist Newsletter, written by Madalyn Murray O'Hair, "the police were
reluctant to make an investigation. Everything had to be undertaken by
American Atheists." O'Hair continued, writing that although Waters'
name was typed on every check he had cashed, "the police simply
refused to pick him up. If Mr. Waters had stolen this amount of money
from any church, or had invaded the home of any minister, he would
have been arrested within hours, tried and convicted within days, and
would even now be serving a term in the Texas state penitentiary."

---

The affidavit makes Waters out to be the mastermind of a plot to kill
the atheists. It says that less than three months after O'Hair's
article appeared, Karr and Fry were in Waters' apartment, cooking up
plans to separate the atheists from their money. On August 28, 1995, a
note appeared on the door of the atheists' headquarters saying that
the O'Hairs had left town on a trip. Over the next five weeks, the
affidavit alleges, Waters and Karr stole half a million dollars worth
of gold coins from the atheists, killed them, killed Fry, and then
went on numerous shopping sprees. They also checked into the Four
Seasons Hotel in Austin for an overnight stay.

---

Since then, the bodies have been found:

"Dead Giveaway"
by John MacCormack
Dallas News
http://www.dallasobserver.com/2001-02-01/news/dead-giveaway/

---

In just a few hours of digging last weekend on a remote Hill Country
ranch 120 miles west of San Antonio, federal agents turned up the
dismembered remains of four people. Three apparently complete
skeletons are believed to belong to Madalyn Murray O'Hair and her son
and granddaughter who vanished more than five years ago with $500,000
in gold coins.

---

David Waters, the alleged mastermind of the O'Hair kidnapping and
murder, led federal agents to the burial site Saturday. He was also an
old buddy of Fry, whom he brought to Texas in 1995 for a mysterious
big-money job--the O'Hair caper. Officials believe Waters and another
partner feared Fry would talk and killed him after the O'Hairs were
disposed of.

---

And lest you say, "oh, well, that was just one atheist murdering
another", it's apparently the case that David Waters wasn't crazy
about atheists, and lumps them with racists and anti-Semites
(ironically) in the book where he lied about their disappearance and
presumably a bunch of other things. The author of this article, John
MacCormack, followed the story for years and interviewed Waters.

http://www.ffrf.org/fttoday/1999/December99/maccormack.html

---

Let me share with you a few things I've selected from my notes. These
are the words of David Waters, very bright man. He says when he was
hired by Madalyn Murray O'Hair, back in '93, to be a typesetter, he
said: "I kind of thought it would be a hotbed of intellectual debate.
But there was no debate allowed, that's for sure. It was her way or
the highway. Madalyn to me was the most hateful individual I've ever
met. I can't say I've ever heard her say without reservation something
good about anyone at any time."

This is a rare case where the accused killer wrote a book about the
alleged victim! That would be Mr. Waters. Mr. Waters wrote a 200-page
book describing how the O'Hairs were in New Zealand. Of course, if he
were right, he's going to sell a lot of books, and he's also going to
live. But no one found her there. Here's the beginning of Mr. Waters'
book. It's called "Good God, Madalyn":

"To simply label Madalyn an atheist, racist, homophobe, anti-Semite,
etc., would be a tremendous misnomer. To her dubious credit, Madalyn
Mays Murray O'Hair is an equal opportunity bigot, whose loathing of
humanity is evenly dispensed without partiality."

---

If you look back on this quickly sketched picture, there's two big
mysteries to me, one I actually think I know the answer to. The first
mystery is why did this all happen? Obviously, you could say I just
mentioned $600,000 in gold. Well, I believe, after spending a little
time with David Waters and a lot of time with Madalyn vicariously,
this really happened because when Madalyn Murray O'Hair hired David
Waters back in '93, that was the beginning of some profoundly bad
chemistry.

Mr. Waters was a guy who didn't do well with women. He had a murder
conviction when he was 17, a teenage male thing. When he got out of
prison, he beat his mother up, he urinated on her, beat her with some
objects. He beat up his girlfriend, and she later testified against
him.

I think when Madalyn Murray O'Hair, a very dominant female figure,
hired this guy, that therein lay the seeds. It wasn't so much the
$600,000 as it was a very personal thing. David Waters wanted to get
even with Madalyn Murray O'Hair.

---

Trance Gemini

<trancegemini7@gmail.com>
Mar 1, 2009, 4:23:53 PM3/1/09
to Atheism-vs-Christianity@googlegroups.com

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 4:02 PM, Dev <thede...@fastmail.fm> wrote:

xnun lied:

Why doesn't that surprise me.

"She and her children stole the money from the American Atheist
Association she had founded and left town. They were then murdered and
buried in a mass grave by their office manager"

Actually, the office manager was the one who stole the money. He
kidnapped the O'Hairs, emptied their bank accounts, and forgedThe case
has since been resolved.

Smearing, slandering and lying is what theists like her do. It comes as naturally to them as breathing.

--
Witchy Woman, AvC Anti-Spam Brigade. AA Wolf Pack Member #7
"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion." --Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865), (attributed)

Medusa

<Medusa4303@yahoo.com>
Mar 1, 2009, 6:52:29 PM3/1/09
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Mar 1, 3:02 pm, Dev <thedevil...@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> xnun lied:

> "She and her children stole the money from the American Atheist
> Association she had founded and left town. They were then murdered and
> buried in a mass grave by their office manager"
>
> Actually, the office manager was the one who stole the money. He
> kidnapped the O'Hairs, emptied their bank accounts, and forgedThe case
> has since been resolved.

Yes, I read about the case some time ago.

> xnun is a liar. Relevant clips from articles, with sources cited:

Xnun is a lying snark. Thanks for the articles, Dev.

Medusa

> "Preying on Atheists"
> by Robert Bryce
> The Austin Chroniclehttp://www.austinchronicle.com/issues/vol18/issue40/pols.athiests.html
> Dallas Newshttp://www.dallasobserver.com/2001-02-01/news/dead-giveaway/

Dev

<thedeviliam@fastmail.fm>
Mar 1, 2009, 8:46:52 PM3/1/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
Now let's see how xnun responds:

(1) She'll admit she made a "mistake" and apologize like a normal
person would do.
(2) She'll ignore the entire body of recorded facts and simply
reassert her refuted lie.
(3) She'll pretend this thread never happened.

I wouldn't put my money on "1". Theists never pick "1".

kenandkids

<kenandkids@gmail.com>
Mar 1, 2009, 8:52:38 PM3/1/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
she is just another "christian" that can't quite grasp the ten
suggestions.

Multiverse

<cutaway@worldnet.att.net>
Mar 1, 2009, 9:19:03 PM3/1/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
Really kick ass Dev.

Time to send xnun down to the abandon all hope room for a little
discipline!

Oh wait, she will like it.

I'll think of sumpin;)

On Mar 1, 4:02 pm, Dev <thedevil...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> xnun lied:
> "She and her children stole the money from the American Atheist
> Association she had founded and left town. They were then murdered and
> buried in a mass grave by their office manager"
>
> Actually, the office manager was the one who stole the money. He
> kidnapped the O'Hairs, emptied their bank accounts, and forgedThe case
> has since been resolved.
>
> xnun is a liar. Relevant clips from articles, with sources cited:
>
> "Preying on Atheists"
> by Robert Bryce
> The Austin Chroniclehttp://www.austinchronicle.com/issues/vol18/issue40/pols.athiests.html
> Dallas Newshttp://www.dallasobserver.com/2001-02-01/news/dead-giveaway/

xnun

<xnun2000@yahoo.com>
Mar 1, 2009, 9:31:26 PM3/1/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
-------------

All of this is true. Sorry if *another* one of the atheist
icons was what she was.

Not that I expected any of you to accept the unvarnished truth.

Dev

<thedeviliam@fastmail.fm>
Mar 1, 2009, 9:33:13 PM3/1/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
For those of you who chose "2":

(2) She'll ignore the entire body of recorded facts and simply
reassert her refuted lie.

You. Are. Winnars!

kenandkids

<kenandkids@gmail.com>
Mar 1, 2009, 9:40:40 PM3/1/09
to Atheism vs Christianity

Neil Kelsey

<neil_kelsey@hotmail.com>
Mar 1, 2009, 11:21:39 PM3/1/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
Say it is true (I know it isn't, but let's live in your fantasy world
for a minute). Is your opinion that Madalyn Murray O'hair was ugly
evidence that God exists? Is her swearing evidence that God exists? Is
her alleged body odour evidence that God exists? Is her alleged
thievery evidence that God exists? Is her being murdered evidence that
God exists?

Back to reality: the only thing you've shown here is a propensity to
use some fairly vicious ad hominem arguments.

> Not that I expected any of you to accept the unvarnished truth.

You can't HANDLE the truth. But do I know what's happened to the
varnish - you've apparently been drinking it.

dead kennedy

<dead.kennedy1@googlemail.com>
Mar 2, 2009, 9:51:37 AM3/2/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
famous theists #1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attila_the_Hun

your move.

Medusa

<Medusa4303@yahoo.com>
Mar 2, 2009, 1:36:19 PM3/2/09
to Atheism vs Christianity

Dev;

> For those of you who chose "2":
>
> (2) She'll ignore the entire body of recorded facts and simply
> reassert her refuted lie.
>
> You. Are. Winnars!

Yep. She is a lying, ignorant fucktard.

Medusa

kenandkids

<kenandkids@gmail.com>
Mar 2, 2009, 8:36:13 PM3/2/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
famous christians #1

A middle-aged father of 5, Robert L. Yates Jr., a decorated military
helicopter pilot, and National Guardsman was convicted of 15 murders
but suspected of as many as 18. The most prolific serial killer ever
sentenced in Washington state, he now sits on death row.

He came from a solid, loving home with encouraging Support , a moral
upbringing and Christian teaching from the time he could walk. He was
an obedient child, a dedicated student, and a team player on the Oak
Harbor High School football team.
http://karisable.com/skazyates.htm

On Mar 1, 11:51 am, xnun <xnun2...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Trance Gemini

<trancegemini7@gmail.com>
Mar 2, 2009, 8:58:54 PM3/2/09
to Atheism-vs-Christianity@googlegroups.com
Famous Christian #2.

Just a Nice Guy

By all accounts, Dennis Rader was a thoroughly unremarkable man. Nearly every facet of his life screamed "normal nice guy". Rader considered his childhood miserable but normal, and Rader's brother Jeff insisted that Dennis was the normal one and he was the child with problems. In any case, Rader was able to graduate high school, attend community college, hold a good job, and support a family. Eventually he produced a son and daughter, finished his four year college degree, and became a deacon at his church. Absolutely no one considered Rader a threat.

For just short of thirty years a serial killer roamed the streets of Wichita, Kansas. Rader's first murders were committed in 1974, when he killed four members of the Otero family, including two children. The last murder linked to BTK was committed in 1991

http://crime.suite101.com/article.cfm/btk_killer_dennis_rader

kenandkids

<kenandkids@gmail.com>
Mar 2, 2009, 9:06:53 PM3/2/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
famous christians #2
Hitler was a Roman Catholic alter Boy and wrote of wanting to be a
Catholic priest. He and his men in charge of killing six million Jews
were Catholic religious fanatics until death.

On Mar 1, 11:51 am, xnun <xnun2...@yahoo.com> wrote:

kenandkids

<kenandkids@gmail.com>
Mar 2, 2009, 9:12:23 PM3/2/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
famous christian #3 dennis rader aka BTK

On Mar 1, 11:51 am, xnun <xnun2...@yahoo.com> wrote:

kenandkids

<kenandkids@gmail.com>
Mar 2, 2009, 9:13:43 PM3/2/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
#3 on my list just for you, lol. yep he was a good little lutheran.

On Mar 2, 5:58 pm, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Famous Christian #2.
>
>  Just a Nice Guy
>
> By all accounts, Dennis Rader was a thoroughly unremarkable man. Nearly
> every facet of his life screamed "normal nice guy". Rader considered his
> childhood miserable but normal, and Rader's brother Jeff insisted that
> Dennis was the normal one and *he* was the child with problems. In any case,

Trance Gemini

<trancegemini7@gmail.com>
Mar 2, 2009, 9:13:48 PM3/2/09
On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 9:12 PM, kenandkids <kenan...@gmail.com> wrote:

famous christian #3    dennis rader aka BTK

I beat you to that one :P

kenandkids

<kenandkids@gmail.com>
Mar 2, 2009, 9:16:32 PM3/2/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
sorry about cross numbering, didn't notice it with one kid jumping on
my lap and the other yanking my while both were yelling.

On Mar 2, 5:58 pm, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Famous Christian #2.
>
>  Just a Nice Guy
>
> By all accounts, Dennis Rader was a thoroughly unremarkable man. Nearly
> every facet of his life screamed "normal nice guy". Rader considered his
> childhood miserable but normal, and Rader's brother Jeff insisted that
> Dennis was the normal one and *he* was the child with problems. In any case,

Trance Gemini

<trancegemini7@gmail.com>
Mar 2, 2009, 9:19:52 PM3/2/09

#3 on my list just for you, lol. yep he was a good little lutheran.

Lol. Okay let's just cut to the chase:

"The FBI gave the standard profile of a serial killer, He is a person with few friends. He became much more religious just before he started murdering people. After reading all the available studies I could find and studying all the articles in the newspapers for over 30 years, I find what is most outstanding is Serial killers were sexually inhibited by their strong religious upbringing.

Nearly all serial killers are very devout men who were raised by members of Pentecostal sects, fundamentalist Catholics or were 'hard-shell' Baptists and Methodists."

Studies after study show serial killers are a product of this environment, not genetics."

http://home.comcast.net/~pobrien48/serial_killers.htm

Medusa

<Medusa4303@yahoo.com>
Mar 2, 2009, 10:00:05 PM3/2/09
to Atheism vs Christianity

Trance;

> Lol. Okay let's just cut to the chase:
>
> "The FBI gave the standard profile of a serial killer, He is a person with
> few friends. He became much more religious just before he started murdering
> people. After reading all the available studies I could find and studying
> all the articles in the newspapers for over 30 years, I find what is most
> outstanding is Serial killers were sexually inhibited by their strong
> religious upbringing.

Holy shit! That sounds like a guy I used to date!

> Nearly all serial killers are very devout men who were raised by members of
> Pentecostal sects, fundamentalist Catholics or were 'hard-shell' Baptists
> and Methodists."

This is where the guy I knew was different. He had a strong religious
upbringing, but he was agnostic when I knew him.

> Studies after study show serial killers are a product of this environment,
> not genetics."

Maybe what saved this guy was he was very intelligent and a phycist.

Medusa

Trance Gemini

<trancegemini7@gmail.com>
Mar 2, 2009, 10:07:31 PM3/2/09
to Atheism-vs-Christianity@googlegroups.com
I just thought I'd show XNun what her religious buddies are up to ;-)

Medusa

Multiverse

<cutaway@worldnet.att.net>
Mar 3, 2009, 8:26:37 AM3/3/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
> I just thought I'd show XNun what her religious buddies are up to ;-)

Yea, case xnun ever wondered why they were not sneaking into her room
at the convent. Now she knows its because they are sneaking out to
murder women and molest prepubescent boys.

Xnun is obviously complicit in this behavior in her lack of railing
against it. Ik!

On Mar 2, 10:07 pm, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> --
> Witchy Woman, AvC Anti-Spam Brigade. AA Wolf Pack Member #7
> "When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my
> religion." --Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865), (attributed)- Hide quoted text -

Trance Gemini

<trancegemini7@gmail.com>
Mar 3, 2009, 9:24:11 AM3/3/09
On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 8:26 AM, Multiverse <cut...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> I just thought I'd show XNun what her religious buddies are up to ;-)

Yea, case xnun ever wondered why they were not sneaking into her room
at the convent.  Now she knows its because they are sneaking out to
murder women and molest prepubescent boys.

Xnun is obviously complicit in this behavior in her lack of railing
against it.  Ik!

She's too busy fabricating lies about atheists and issuing ad hominems about us that I doubt she's giving anything else any thought.

And her complicity is a given.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

People like that should not be allowed around children.

She is the Poster Girl for why people shouldn't send their children to Catholic Schools (having been a teacher).

Brock

<brockorgan@gmail.com>
Mar 6, 2009, 12:40:27 AM3/6/09
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Mar 1, 2:51 pm, xnun <xnun2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>   Madalyn was the prime mover in having prayer removed from public
> schools.  She was generally avoided because of her foul mouth and
> nonexistent hygiene, not to mention her repulsiveness..  She and her
> children stole the money from the American Atheist Association she had
> founded and left town.  They were then murdered and buried in a mass
> grave by their office manager.

What a sad and terrible tragedy.

Regards,

Brock