Failed to execute /android.sh Attempting default

florin...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2008, 9:55:50 AM12/8/08
to Android on Asus P535
After i formated my SD card and put all files on it, i run
Haret.After a while i see a message like "<>Failed to execute /
android.sh Attempting default"
"<>Kernel panic – not syncing: No init found Try passing init=option
to kernel"
What should i do?....The partition on SD card is mounted well because
i see the mesage on the screen, but with "uncleen shut down" or
something like that.I don't know what to do, if someone can help
me...

reedhuang

Dec 8, 2008, 12:22:29 PM12/8/08
to Android on Asus P535
If properly extracted, the root directory of the SD card should
include following files and subdirectories:

/system
/sys
/sbin
/proc
/dev
/data
init
init.rc
init.goldfish.rc
android.sh
default.prop

Please check if the all the files and subdirectories exist in the root
directory of your SD card.

florin...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2008, 3:01:09 AM12/10/08
to Android on Asus P535
Yes I have all files on SDcard.I tried to format again and I have the
same error.I don't know why it dosen't "see" android.sh.There is
another command for haret like "LS" in linux , to find what files are
on SD card?

Reed Huang

Dec 10, 2008, 3:25:17 AM12/10/08
to Androi...@googlegroups.com
Could you paste the last 10 lines of the boot information on your screen?

florin...@gmail.com 写道:

reedhuang

Dec 10, 2008, 3:28:17 AM12/10/08
to Android on Asus P535
And also the content of your startup.txt file.

florin...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2008, 3:45:38 AM12/10/08
to Android on Asus P535
My startup.txt:
"set FBDURINGBOOT 0
set KERNEL zImage
set MTYPE 1909
set CMDLINE "debug rootdelay=3 root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 init=/android.sh
mem=64M"
boot"

And my bootscreen:
"-XScale iMMX+ coprocesor detected
-sa1100-rtc sa1100-rtc: setting system clock+0 1970-01-29 14:20:09 UTC
-Waiting 3sec before mounting root device...
-EXT2-fs warning: mounting fs with errors, runing e2fsck is
recommended
-VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem)
-Freeing init memory: 96KB
-Failed to execute /android.sh. Attempting defaults...
-Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing init= option
to kernel
"
end of story.....

reedhuang

Dec 10, 2008, 4:00:36 AM12/10/08
to Android on Asus P535
“-EXT2-fs warning: mounting fs with errors, runing e2fsck is
recommended”

This line shows that the file system in your SD card was not mounted
correctly.
What were the steps you made your SD card?

florin...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2008, 5:31:45 AM12/10/08
to Android on Asus P535
I make the partition with Paragon Partition Manager, from windows
because i don't have linux.I will try with ubuntu live cd to format
the card again and see what happents.Thanks a lot for your
interest.....I will tell you after one day or two, because i'am at
work right now

Reed Huang

Dec 10, 2008, 5:55:11 AM12/10/08
to Androi...@googlegroups.com
Seems like under windows only formatting the SD card as EXT2 is possible, but after formatting, I haven't seen any good way to transfer files into the card. I am not sure how you made it possible to get all the files in rootfs.tar.gz into your card.

Anyway, hope it went well with the help of ubuntu live cd.

florin...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2008, 6:05:01 AM12/10/08
to Android on Asus P535
I have EXT2IFS drivers installed

On Dec 10, 12:55 pm, Reed Huang <reed.hu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Seems like under windows only formatting the SD cardas EXT2 is possible, but after formatting, I haven't seen any good way to transfer files into the card. I am not sure how you made it possible to get all the files in rootfs.tar.gz into your card.

florin...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2008, 1:28:07 AM12/11/08
to Android on Asus P535
It's working now.. Thanks a lot.The partition was not formated well
from windows.

leeho...@gmail.com

Dec 27, 2008, 11:48:20 PM12/27/08
to Android on Asus P535
how u make it work well ? Pls tell us the way resolve the "partition
was ont formated well",install the EXT2IFS drivers could be working or
other way such as formate under linux ,but i dn't have linux also and
don't know how to formate under it. urly for ur helping ,thx a lot!
> > > Anyway, hope it went well with the help of ubuntu live cd.- 隐藏被引用文字 -
>
> - 显示引用的文字 -

florin...@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2008, 3:38:47 AM12/29/08
to Android on Asus P535
I have not succeeded to format the partition under windows.Ext2IFS
drivers won't "unmount" well the partition or something like that.I
don't know wat are the resons for that. Take a live CD with linux
distribution an follow the steps that Reed Huang give us.

vitor.h...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2009, 5:22:39 PM2/11/09
to Android on Asus P535
Hi!

If you keep getting the error try these steps:

(reedhuang's steps)
1. Plug in your SD card into your computer
2. Open Terminal, run command "df", you should see your media card
device name like "/dev/sdb1" which mounted as "/media/disk"
3. Unmount the SD card by running command:
sudo umount /media/disk
4. Format your SD card by running command:
sudo mkfs.ext2 /dev/sdb1
5. Remount your SD card by running following two commands:
sudo mkdir /media/disk
sudo mount -t ext2 /dev/sdb1 /media/disk
6. Go to the directory where the rootfs.tar.gz was saved, and extract
all the files in rootfs.tar.gz into your SD card by running command:
sudo tar zxvf rootfs.tar.gz -C /media/disk
7. Your SD card is ready.

(extra steps)
8. Unmount the SD card by running command (wait a bit if it hangs):
sudo umount /media/disk
9. Do a filesystem check to ensure everything is ok:
sudo e2fsck /dev/sdb1

Thank you Reed for your complilation!!

Please keep us updated on advancements on P535 android compatibility!!