Localed

ericsk

Apr 27, 2009, 10:11:59 PM4/27/09
to Android-DevPhone-Updating
Hi,

I've upgraded my ADP1 to cupcake through the official roms:
http://www.htc.com/www/support/android/adp.html#s3
However, the official roms equiped ONLY English locale now.
Will the official ADP1 roms equip other locales (e.g., Chinese) in
the
future?
anybody knows? Thanks.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Apr 27, 2009, 10:20:52 PM4/27/09
to Android-DevP...@googlegroups.com
It's unlikely to happen.

JBQ
--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Android Engineer, Google.

warning.

mfunaki

Apr 27, 2009, 11:24:47 PM4/27/09
to Android-DevPhone-Updating
Hi,

I see the same. Though I expect to see all of the CJK languages, but
only English locale is available.
As <Firmware version> in <About phone> says my phone is 1.5, so I
believe I've updated the system successfully.

Regards,
Funaki
--
Masahiko Funaki / mfu...@gmail.com
http://www.mfunaki.jp/blog/

ericsk

Apr 28, 2009, 3:22:07 AM4/28/09
to Android-DevPhone-Updating
OK, I got it.

I've tried to develop an app to change locale configuration,
and I found that almost all applications aren't localized, either :-(.

egg

Apr 28, 2009, 4:06:26 AM4/28/09
to Android-DevPhone-Updating
Hi,

I just have a same problem.
Like a emulator, I want to choice various locales on ADP1.

Regards,
-egg

Chavepeyer Geoffrey

Apr 29, 2009, 10:49:49 AM4/29/09
to Android-DevPhone-Updating
Hi JBQ !

Could you explain to us why ? I'm a belgian developper and I really
like to be able to test my locale (fr_BE) using the adp1.

Thanks !
Geoffrey Chavepeyer

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Apr 29, 2009, 10:52:50 AM4/29/09
to Android-DevP...@googlegroups.com
Google and HTC do not have the resources to properly test such a configuration.

JBQ