IMPORTANT: Policy change introduces page view requirement

adsenseapi-...@google.com

Sep 4, 2007, 8:17:13 PM9/4/07
to AdSense API Forum
Developers,

Some of you may have noticed an addition to our home page (http://
code.google.com/apis/adsense/index.html). We recently made a change to
our policies surrounding who can take their AdSense API implementation
live. Since we opened the API to all a few months ago the response has
been incredible and we're pleased at being so popular. However, this
popularity has led to us providing less than the highest levels of
support for our developers that we strive for. As a result, only
developers who expected 100,000 (one hundred thousand) page views or
more for AdSense API pages will be able to go live. This policy change
will probably result in fewer developers going live and give us a
chance to enhance our support resources and processes to more easily
support a greater number of developers in the future.

Developers who have already started on their implementations are not
effected by this change, but may need to take steps to ensure their
ability to launch. There is a FAQ (http://code.google.com/support/bin/
answer.py?answer=75490&topic=11639) that should address most questions
surrounding this policy change.

Thanks again to everyone who has show so much interest in the AdSense
API. To those who don't meet the page view requirement, we hope to be
able to lower it in the future as we become more efficient at
supporting our developers! Anyone is still free to play in the
sandbox.

Sincerely,
Justin
Google AdSense Team

Leva Mevis

Sep 4, 2007, 8:47:44 PM9/4/07
to AdSen...@googlegroups.com
Hi Justin,

I just wanted to thank you for all the help and for the hard work you and Chris do. :-)

-- Leva
le...@firefox.org

[...]

adsenseapi-...@google.com

Sep 6, 2007, 1:32:45 PM9/6/07
to AdSense API Forum
Because of line breaks, the URL broke on my first post, here it is
again:
http://code.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=75490

Cheers,
Justin