Beta firmware 1.4.1 available for tesing

1 view

Gareth Owen

Oct 4, 2006, 12:41:24 AM10/4/06
to Aastra 480i Users
Aastra Telecom will soon be releasing a new software update for our
Enterprise IP portfolio of SIP telephones, including the 480i, 9133i,
9112i, and 480iCT.

Release 1.4.1 delivers new features and enhancements including:

* Local redundancy support enabling administrator to configure backup
proxy and registrar servers locally on the phone.
* Simplifying deployments complexity through the auto-discovery of a
configuration server.
* Dial plan enhancement allows the administrator to configure the
phone to automatically append prefix digits thereby simplifying
users dialing pattern.
* XML enhancements including new XML objects and event-triggered
XML application access.
* Enhanced integration with Sylantro® platforms via support of
additional classes for priority alerting. In addition, Last Call
Return is supported on either programmable hard keys or softkeys.
* New interoperabilities with partners' solution including
MetaSwitch platform and CounterPath softclient.

This release also resolves a number of issues, including:

* BLF Ring Splash no longer stops ringing
* XML support for port numbers in base url (actually any XML url)
* Improved registration robustness - avoids phone temporarily losing
registration status.

If you are interested in learning more about 1.4.1 and to beta test it,
you can download the self-extracting firmware and beta release notes
from http://www.aastratelecom.com/downloads/beta_1-4-1.exe.

Any feedback and support inquiry for the beta firmware should be
submitted before October 20, 2006 via our beta email account at
beta_s...@aastra.com.

bcnl

Oct 6, 2006, 12:34:01 PM10/6/06
to Aastra 480i Users
Thanks Gareth,

I'll load this up onto our phones on Monday (never do a upgrade on a
friday :) and submit any feedback I come up with.

Ira Emus

Oct 6, 2006, 2:27:32 PM10/6/06
to Aastra-4...@googlegroups.com
I've been running this for 2 days now and it seems to work just fine.

There are a couple of requests I'd like to make:

When dialing a number, an incoming call clears that so I can answer the new call, Don't want that, want to make my own choice.

When I'm on a call and another call is ringing, pressing the orange button to hang up the current call instead sends the new call away and leaves me on the current call. Seems like there should be an easy way to hang up the current call and pick up the new one or is there and I've just not figured it out?

Ira

vkeven

Oct 9, 2006, 8:10:34 PM10/9/06
to Aastra 480i Users
I report this problem 2 month ago and Aastra don't really care about it
, anyway this phone are full of problems and if you want my opinion ,
STAY AWAY FROM IT! .

Ira Emus

Oct 9, 2006, 10:06:13 PM10/9/06
to Aastra-4...@googlegroups.com
You were a jerk about it the first time too!  It's not the end of the world and besides a couple of really minor issues for me, it's a great phone. I try to ask nicely because I figure that gives me a better chance of having them listen.  Every upgrade so far has been helpful and proved that Aastra is trying to make this a great phone.  I'd just like to gently prod them in the direction of making it a better phone.  Personally, I needed the wireless handsets so it boiled down to Aastra or analog phones and I've been happy with my decision.

Ira

iam.tele...@gmail.com

Oct 9, 2006, 11:13:21 PM10/9/06
to Aastra 480i Users
Ira,
For your 2nd request I think you should be able to answer the new call
and then the first call should automatically go on hold (eg I see the
light for Line1 flash). Then you can press the Line1 button and hang
them up using the orange button.

Otherwise I thought you could switch between lines maybe using the
arrow keys? Not sure if it's up/down or left/right but worth a try.

HTH

Ira Emus

Oct 10, 2006, 2:08:51 AM10/10/06
On 10/9/06, iam.tele...@gmail.com <iam.tele...@gmail.com> wrote:
For your 2nd request I think you should be able to answer the new call
and then the first call should automatically go on hold (eg I see the
light for Line1 flash).  Then you can press the Line1 button and hang
them up using the orange button.

Yes, unless I accidently press the orange button first which sends me running up the stairs at full speed to try and get the lost call before it goes away.  Not the end of the world, just surprising and unexpected.  It's a common problem with buttons that change meaning. I'd rather have a soft button become "Ignore" and have the orange button always be "hang up this call."

Ira

PeteC

Oct 15, 2006, 10:01:19 AM10/15/06
to Aastra 480i Users
Ira Emus wrote:

> Yes, unless I accidently press the orange button first which sends me
> running up the stairs at full speed to try and get the lost call before it
> goes away. Not the end of the world, just surprising and unexpected. It's
> a common problem with buttons that change meaning. I'd rather have a soft
> button become "Ignore" and have the orange button always be "hang up this
> call."

I quite agree - given that one gets an Ignore softkey for the new call,
having Goodbye do the same seems a bit strange and is
counter-intuitive.

I've found two workrounds - one is to switch the focus of the UI back
to the first call by pushing its line button (or using the left/right
keys), the second - rather simpler - is to push and release the
hookswitch, which drops the first call and answers the second (because
the second starts ringing the phone as soon as the first is dropped).

Pete