More Implications Of AETA

1 view

DTan...@aol.com

Oct 1, 2006, 6:29:06 PM10/1/06
to AR-...@googlegroups.com
FORWARDED WITH PERMISSION:

Forwarded Message:
Subj: The Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act,...
Date: 9/30/2006 2:54:52 P.M. Pacific Standard Time
From: rbo...@primatefreedom.com

... in the US Senate, known as S. 3880. has passed. We are all much safer
now, and will be much safer still once we are tattooed or micro chipped.

This means now, that someone who crosses a state border and participates in
a sit-in in front of the door, could end up in jail for 6 months and be
fined $10,000. And if they are so foolhardy as to do something this wild
again, then they could be fined $25,000 and end up in jail for 18 additional
months.

So, someone who travels to San Francisco from Oregon for the annual fur free
Friday demo at Neiman Marcus and sits down in front of the store is, by
definition, guilty of terrorism.

Most telling about this development is not the stupidity of our elected
officials (they took the country to war in Iraq, after all), but the ease at
which vivisectors, rodeo clowns, furriers, etc. were willing to sacrifice
basic American democratic traditions.

People who participate in national boycotts against any animal enterprise
are now subject to being charged with terrorism.

Given the recent passage of Bush's new interrogation rules, an elderly woman
who writes a letter to a CEO in a different state could be subjected to
water-boarding, I guess. "Who told you Proctor and Gamble tortures animals?"