Your Friends are starting to Notice Your Blogs aren't around

NancyB

Mar 11, 2006, 12:17:46 AM3/11/06
to Action Group Against Blogspot Ban in Pakistan
If any of you know Exeno will you please email her and let her know all
is not lost? And you need to read the following (It's a paste of
Exeno's blog post) It's one more reason to unblock the blogs. Looks
like your blogging community has done more for International Relations
than an entire embassy! (She didn't have the banner)

PAKISTAN HAS BANNED THE BLOGS
I am bewildered, dazed and confused, but most of all disappointed and
hurt that Pakistan saw fit to block there own bloggers from posting or
even viewing there own and other blogs.

Some of the nicest and most interesting blogs that I thoroughly enjoyed
visiting where those from Pakistan.
They were all written by highly intelligent and interesting people. One
that I can think of was particularly enjoyable. It had wonderful
stories of this persons travels in their own beloved country, Pakistan.
Their writing was so descriptive and beautiful that I felt as though I
was taking these wonderfully enjoyable trips with them. You will be
dearly missed!

There were no blogs that I read from the people of Pakistan that were
offensive to their own country, but instead they were informative
interesting and helped people like me ,to know of and understand things
about there holidays , customs and religious beliefs for which I am
very grateful.

For some of us that are not as lucky as others to be able to travel and
visit other countries blogging is the only way to get to know each
other and try to understand each other. It is a wonderful way for some
of us to make new friends around the world. To the government of
Pakistan I ask that you please reconsider and allow it to continue.

If only the government of Pakistan could realize that most of their
bloggers have helped not hurt their country. They have been the best
ambassadors that they could have.

I can only hope and pray that the government of Pakistan in their
wisdom, will realize that if this ban has arisen from someone posting
something unpleasant, that everyone should not be punished for the
actions of one.

And since I have no other way to convey this message I hope that
someone, somewhere, someplace with the knowledge or the power that I do
not have, will find this post and do something to help.

Omer Alvie

Mar 11, 2006, 12:20:59 AM3/11/06
to AGA...@googlegroups.com
what is her blog address../email address..i will update her.

regards,
omer

NancyB <nancy....@gmail.com> wrote:

Yahoo! Mail

a sane voice

Mar 11, 2006, 12:43:27 AM3/11/06
to Action Group Against Blogspot Ban in Pakistan
Nancy, thanks for letting us know. What is her blog or email address,
so we can tell her how to go about reading Pakistani blogs.

NancyB

Mar 11, 2006, 12:57:02 AM3/11/06
to Action Group Against Blogspot Ban in Pakistan
I googled her and found the post. Her blog is
http://exseno.blogspot.com. You could leave comments there, but due the
the maintenence tonight I can't leave a comment, though I tried. Thanks
for your help.

Omer Alvie

Mar 11, 2006, 1:08:09 AM3/11/06
to AGA...@googlegroups.com
Nancy, cheers for the link...I have left a comment on her blog.

regards,
omer

NancyB <nancy....@gmail.com> wrote:

Yahoo! Mail

a sane voice

Mar 11, 2006, 3:51:24 AM3/11/06
to Action Group Against Blogspot Ban in Pakistan
ditto

mansoor

Mar 11, 2006, 4:07:36 AM3/11/06
to Action Group Against Blogspot Ban in Pakistan
thanks nancy !

posted my comments too.

Zohare

Mar 13, 2006, 12:57:16 AM3/13/06
to Action Group Against Blogspot Ban in Pakistan
yeah good eye nancy.