Top ten GTD tools

jos...@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2005, 1:34:47 PM9/18/05
to 43Fo...@googlegroups.com
In your opinion, what are the top ten GTD tools?

Merlin Mann

Sep 18, 2005, 2:00:40 PM9/18/05
to 43 Folders
1. my brain
2. my hands
3. a pen
4. [paper]
5. trash can
6. to-do list
7. calendar
8. [alarms]
9. magnets
10. the word "no"

jos...@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2005, 2:55:06 PM9/18/05
to 43Fo...@googlegroups.com
whats with the square brackets?

Pitch

Sep 18, 2005, 2:56:32 PM9/18/05
to 43 Folders
Entourage 2004. It was built as if it had GTD in mind.

Merlin Mann

Sep 18, 2005, 3:13:32 PM9/18/05
to 43 Folders

jos...@gmail.com wrote:
> whats with the square brackets?

I think of those as classes rather than specific tools. I really on all
kinds of alarms and paper in many different contexts.

Merlin Mann

Sep 18, 2005, 3:20:51 PM9/18/05
to 43 Folders
"really" = "rely"

liamvictor

Sep 19, 2005, 8:05:04 AM9/19/05
to 43 Folders
1. paper (index cards, a4, notebooks, moleksines, whatever...)
2. pencil & pen
3. rubber (eraser)
4. Vim - one big list approach
5. bin (trash can)
6. egg timer (your two minutes is up!)
7. procmail - pre filter my mail
8. cron - regular backups, emails (such as email my projectNextAction
list each morning), email reminders such as when to collect child on
certain days.
9. thunderbird - labels, saved search folders for latest projects /
most important clients
10. Gmail (for autoforwarded email as backup) - makes me less stressed
about backups; therefore is GTD.